Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Feeling really unwell

(5 Posts)
Penguinandminipenguin Fri 15-May-15 15:47:53

I had an iron infusion a few days ago, and the nurse said it will take 7-10 days to feel the benefit from it. What I wasn't counting on though, was feeling so much worse.

I don't know if it's from the infusion or if I've caught a bug or something, but I was awake most of the night feeling achey all over, as if I had the flu (but no temperature/cough/sore throat etc).

I've been struggling with breathlessness due to the anaemia, but that's usually when standing up or walking up the stairs etc. The last 2 days though, I feel like I'm struggling to breathe and gasping for breath just by sitting up on the sofa. I have to keep stopping in the middle of talking to try and catch my breath too.

The baby hasn't moved much at all today either, so I had a cold drink and tried to lie on my left hand side but I just couldn't do it, cos lying down made me so breathless I literally felt like I couldn't breathe.

Has anyone else had an iron infusion and felt this way afterwoods?

Whatabout Fri 15-May-15 16:24:27

I'd call your maternity assessment unit, doesn't sound right at all so worth a chat.

33goingon64 Fri 15-May-15 16:39:42

Get it checked. I had breathlessness which turned out to be pneumonia.

DrEllieSattler Fri 15-May-15 16:40:53

Posting to say if you haven't already got this checked then please do now.

Penguinandminipenguin Fri 15-May-15 17:07:04

Just managed to have a lie down and felt the baby during that time, as did dh so she's fine.

I'm still pretty breathless tho. I don't think it's pneumonia as I don't have a cough or anything like that. I'm sure it's all to do with the anaemia/iron infusion.

Dh has looked online and others have reported feeling fluey like I do after having venfoer infusion, but I had ferinject which doesn't seem to have much info on it. It's the breathlessness that's bothering me the most really, but l feel happier now I know the baby is ok.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now