Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

what is this cramping at 30 wks?

(5 Posts)
beanzontowst Wed 13-May-15 01:30:44

I've been getting quite painful period type cramping for about 10 days. I'm fine when I get up and the more time I spend on my feet, the worse it gets. I can't lie down in bed because it becomes too painful, however if I sit on my settee with back well supported it goes completely. When I have the pain it is constant and not at all rhythmic so don't think I need to worry too much, just curious really. I don't want to be taken into hospital as am refusing all VEs due to personal reasons. (Please don't say I should have them, I have reasons for refusing.) Don't think it could be anything bad as sitting down makes it disappear and after 10 days prob not labour haha!!!! Also maybe tmi but not constipated and urine check last wk and was ok.

I'm guessing its just uterus growing or baby lying on nerves? Anyone else get this?

Anotheronesoon Wed 13-May-15 01:46:18

Could it be Braxton hicks?

beanzontowst Wed 13-May-15 01:59:45

Not sure cos if I'm on my feet for a long time, its a constant pain that goes on until I sit down. And the pain is in my lower tummy like the very bottom of my bump. No tightening and rest of bump is fine.

applecore0317 Wed 13-May-15 03:49:10

It could be pelvic pain or spd, worth speaking with your midwife. Also they can just put you on a monitor to see if they can pick up any contractions, you don't have to have a VE

ovumahead Wed 13-May-15 04:24:24

I wouldn't risk not getting checked out. You always have the right to refuse a VE. There are other things they can do and check for. Was the urine test you did last week just a dip test? Or did they send a sample away for culturing? If just dipping that tells you nothing about whether you have a uti. And a uti could trigger early labour so you just rule it out. Don't avoid medics because you're concerned about VEs. Hope it settled soon! I'm wide awake now with some powerful Braxton hicks at 22 weeks... Gah.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now