Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

baby wearing whilst pregnant

(11 Posts)
HotFudge87 Fri 08-May-15 18:37:51

Hi.
Just wondering if its safe to baby wear my fairly hefty 2yo in a SSC whilst pg? I'm only 5 weeks atm so not too concerned, but its my life line for doing my long dog walks each day! X

PotteringAlong Fri 08-May-15 18:46:28

If you've been doing it before you're pregnant you'll be fine afterwards, as long as you feel ok. I carried my 2 year old until I was about 38 weeks when it felt uncomfortable so I stopped.

LostMySocks Fri 08-May-15 19:01:57

It's just like any other sort of exercise. As long as you were doing it before, you are comfortable and don't get out of breath it's fine. You probably don't want to do front carries and also make sure that the strap doesn't pull on your tummy or bump

RainbowTortoise Fri 08-May-15 20:45:20

I have been thinking the same thing, my two year old DD still likes to be carried a lot.. I'm 25 weeks now, going to my local sling meet soon to try a toddler carrier. I'm hoping they have some there, I'm interested in the Tula but they are really popular at the moment apparently.

HotFudge87 Fri 08-May-15 21:01:26

Yeah I almost got a Tula, they've so much padding, went for a MGG instead. Super comfy! Hope you get to loan the Tula! Cheers for the advice ladies, I shall continue smile x

MaraThonbar Fri 08-May-15 21:27:26

Of course - but if you aren't already back carrying you'll find it much more comfortable as you get bigger.

HotFudge87 Fri 08-May-15 22:21:37

Yeah she's on my back, if she wasn't I'd end up going head first into dog poop every morning when I try to pick it up Lol.
How long do you think is safe or is it just what's comfortable? I do about 3miles each day. I'm guessing towards the end that'll be a lot of hard work!? X

FusionChefGeoff Fri 08-May-15 22:33:17

Check out wrap you in love on you tube as the lady who does the tutorials is pregnant so I'm sure she'll be showing some hints / tips videos

Hophop987 Sat 09-May-15 08:36:42

I'm 28 weeks and back carry my 2 year old. I still find it easy and comfortable enough. Just follow your body signals and you will be fine.

NoodieRoodie Sat 09-May-15 08:45:32

I carried DS (2) until the day before I had DD. In fact I credit our brisk mile jog to the station with getting labour started. Currently 23 weeks with DC3 and regularly carrying DD (18 months) and on the odd occasion DS (3.5). As long as you feel comfortable you should be alright.

HotFudge87 Sat 09-May-15 20:58:19

Thank you loads ladies smile x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now