Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Reassure this isn't an ectopic pregnancy!

(5 Posts)
MsCake Wed 06-May-15 22:36:04

I'm 11 wks with my 2nd. I haven't had any bleeding or spotting, but for a few weeks now I've had a pain really low down, basically where my C section scar is from last time, usually I get it if I stand up suddenly. It feels like a muscular strain. And sometimes I get it just on one side, but it's been feeling like (sorry for TMI) but occasionally I get constipated and it can cause an ache, and it felt a bit like that, or like trapped wind. It doesn't feel severe, and I don't have the other symptoms, like shoulder tip pain or diarrhoea or vomiting.

Please tell me I'm a hypochondriac!

Purpleball Wed 06-May-15 22:38:03

I still get this now and I'm 20 weeks. If I move awkwardly or twist when I get up. Sometimes I can't turn over in bed for it. I think it's called round ligament pain. I've had 5 scans now and everything is fine so I'm not worrying about it

MsCake Wed 06-May-15 22:55:12

Thank you purpleball, this has been worrying me this evening - even though I'm 90% sure I'm fine. I've just googled round ligament pain and I think that is it.

minijoeyjojo Thu 07-May-15 07:40:48

I started to get exactly the same thing at about 11 weeks. I was completely convinced I was having an ectopic pregnancy - that is all that comes up when you ask Dr Google! Made it to my 12 week scan and everything was fine smile I'm now sure it was round ligament pain and just everything starting to stretch. It continued until about 14 weeks, when I went to see my chiropractor, then I've been ok since (am 19 weeks now).

Purpleball Thu 07-May-15 07:44:13

I never thought of seeing anyone about it!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now