Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

13 weeks scan today but told i'm not as far as that

(13 Posts)
KO80 Tue 05-May-15 16:00:44

I had my first scan today, I thought I was 13 weeks, (going by the due date from the doctor and a website) however the lady who did my scan said the baby was small and so I'm only 11 +5. The baby is fine but i'm gutted i've had continues nausea for weeks and had hopped it would stop at soon but now I could have it for a few more weeks. Has anyone else been told a different due date following their first scan?

monsterfaery Tue 05-May-15 16:05:41

In my 3rd pregnancy they put my due date forward 2 weeks at my 12 week scan (so put me back to 10 weeks) my dd was born on her original due date.

MissTwister Tue 05-May-15 16:08:00

I got pushed back a whole week - which meant I would have conceived on Day 10.....

It doesn't mean nausea wont stop soon though - mine went about 12 weeks

laurenlhthompson Tue 05-May-15 16:09:49

I got pushed back nearly 2 weeks, then put forward 2 weeks later on.

I wouldn't worry about it too much.

Number3cometome Tue 05-May-15 16:16:26

I had my due date pushed forward a week (making me a week further along than what I should be and know I am!)

This has meant baby has measured slightly smaller at later scans, I keep having to explain the dates are wrong!

KO80 Tue 05-May-15 16:21:08

Thanks for the replies, that makes me feel better. I might stick with my original date in head!

Lunastarfish Tue 05-May-15 16:31:37

When I went for 12 week scan I was told I was 11+1 so had to have a scan again 7 days later. It was hard for me to calculate my due date as I'd never kept a track of my periods before going on the pill and fell pregnant the second month of trying (so only had 1 period after stopping the pill).

My nausea started to improve by that point and went completely by 16 weeks

3luckystars Tue 05-May-15 16:36:33

When are you going back for your next scan? Sorry to hear you are sick, I hope it improves soon.

mika2 Tue 05-May-15 17:05:00

Your due date is normally just calculated based on the date of your last period. It assumes you have a 28 day cycle and you ovulate on day 14. If you ovulate later there will always be a discrepency e.g. I ovulate on day 19/20 of a 28 day cycle so there was at least a 5-6 day difference between EDD by dates and EDD by scan. HTH!

Christelle2207 Tue 05-May-15 17:58:19

I would't worry babies all grow at different rates! My ds measured big so was brought forward by a week, he arrived on "my" due date which was officially 6 days late.

YouMakeMyHeartSmile Tue 05-May-15 18:04:33

I got put forward 2 weeks. Great, I thought, morning sickness will stop soon. Still throwing up daily at 31 weeks.

KO80 Wed 06-May-15 14:38:36

3luckystars my next scan is my 20 week, they didn't suggest coming back before then.

Christelle2207 I did think last night the babies much grow at different rates, they can't all grow the same.

ThreeBeanRap Wed 06-May-15 16:33:32

K080 this happened to me, I had to have an early scan due to spotting (all ok) and by my lmp dates I should have been 8+5 then. They said I was measuring at 7+2. I found it quite tough too as it felt like a big step back when all you're waiting for is to get to 12 weeks safely, but now I'm 10+1 and it feels like I'm getting there finally! I won't be surprised if they adjust my dates again at my 12 week scan as I don't think I ov'd that late, it can't be an exact science for everyone I guess. Hope you feel better soon flowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now