Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

C section scar pain - what's normal?

(11 Posts)
AbbeyRoadCrossing Wed 29-Apr-15 21:31:24

I will mention this to the midwife at the next appointment but wondered what's normal regarding scar pain in your next pregnancy?

Mostly it's fine but sometimes it takes my breath away as it's quite sudden and sharp. I'm guessing it's just everything stretching?

I had a premature emcs last year if that makes any difference

cathpip Thu 30-Apr-15 08:12:20

Could it be round ligament pain? This is exactly as you describe and it's in the same area as a section scar. I am due my fourth section in August and have never had scar pain but do get the ligament pain. Or maybe I'm just lucky, do check it out with you mw though.

AbbeyRoadCrossing Thu 30-Apr-15 09:40:53

Thanks, possibly could be and just happens to be there. I think I'm just worried because of the small age gap of 13 months. Apparently I was supposed to wait a year but no one told me until I was pregnant again - would've been more useful to tell me upon discharge or at 6 week check!

Siennasun Thu 30-Apr-15 10:14:35

Hi Abbey
After my EMCS the Dr said I should wait at least a year before ttc but when I mentioned this to midwife and GP later neither of them had heard about it and thought it was unusual advice - so I wouldn't worry about it too much as different medics seem to have differing views.

AbbeyRoadCrossing Thu 30-Apr-15 10:34:59

Thanks Sienna, yes no one medical has mentioned it to me, so hoping that's ok. Bit late now if it's not!

luckiestgirlintheworld Thu 30-Apr-15 13:33:01

I got pregnant about 9 months after my c section and haven't had any scar pains yet (I'm 24 weeks).

IBelieveInPink Thu 30-Apr-15 13:35:12

I'm pregnant 11 months after my emcs, and I've had the odd twinge/stretchy feeling on one side (the side that didn't heal as well!)

I mentioned it to midwife, she wasn't concerned. But still mention it anyway, just in case smile

cathpip Thu 30-Apr-15 14:27:00

Don't panic, there will only be 17 months between dc3 and 4. My sister has 13 months between her dc1 and then twins, both sections smile

ovumahead Fri 01-May-15 20:17:24

It's 7 years since i had a cesarean and I had pains in the first trimester. Sometimes quite sharp. At 20 weeks now and seems to have stopped. If you're worried I'd get it checked out. I think they can tell how thick/strong the scar is on a scan.

AbbeyRoadCrossing Fri 01-May-15 20:37:18

Thanks all, so since I posted it's been fine. I'll tell the midwife at the appointment I have soon anyway just in case

Bigbadgeorge Fri 01-May-15 21:10:06

I had pains at the beginning until my bump lifted (nothing major, just occasional sharp twinges) and now I get quite sore under my scar now that the baby has dropped. He seems to squirm around just under the scar! But again it's not really bad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now