Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Nub/skull theory experts - will you have a guess for me?

(18 Posts)
SomeSortOfDeliciousBiscuit Wed 15-Apr-15 23:57:06

Just for fun. smile I have people on Facebook having a guess and one friend with a very definite opinion based on the nub. I'm curious about what people think.

BifsWif Thu 16-Apr-15 08:28:07

Girl! My guess is based on the nub, mine was identical and DD is due in 4 weeks smile

BicycleMadeForTwo Thu 16-Apr-15 08:30:39

I think that's a boy. Congratulations!

SomeSortOfDeliciousBiscuit Thu 16-Apr-15 10:32:25

Hehe, a 50/50 split. The friend on Facebook is adamant it's a girl nub. I haven't got a clue!

Focusfocus Thu 16-Apr-15 11:05:32

Where on earth are these nubs?! I am due my 12 week scan on Friday and have no clue what this nub is or where it can be found!

SomeSortOfDeliciousBiscuit Thu 16-Apr-15 11:27:30

Can you see the white line in the genital area on my scan, Focus? That's the nub. I'm rubbish at interpreting them but from what I've googled, the nub on my scan is very clear. No clue what it means though.

BifsWif Thu 16-Apr-15 20:19:30

A horizontal nub means a girl, and a nub that curves upwards means a boy apparently! Mine was right, not sure of the actual accuracy though.

Reluctantlandlord Thu 16-Apr-15 20:24:50

That's a very clear shot and I'd say it's a girl. I know someone on the ingender website who is very very good at this and she says if the nub is parallel to the spine it's a girl. If it's angled away it's a boy. I've guessed lots of these and yours is one of the easiest to guess. Girl !

But of course if the theory is bollox then who knows! grin

BicycleMadeForTwo Thu 16-Apr-15 20:48:10

Just me voting boy then smile are you finding out the sex?

SomeSortOfDeliciousBiscuit Thu 16-Apr-15 20:55:13

Yes, we found out with DS and want to know for this one too. I'm dying to know and want to book a private scan, but DH wants to wait and find out for free. If there's no clear shot at the 20 week scan, we'll definitely have a private one because I'll make him agree. I'd love a girl but the idea of having two boys is lovely too.

It will be interesting if this is a girl because I had hyperemesis with DS and haven't been sick once this pregnancy.

BicycleMadeForTwo Thu 16-Apr-15 20:58:14

I'm too impatient to wait! Make sure you come back to update us.

SomeSortOfDeliciousBiscuit Thu 16-Apr-15 21:19:10

I will, I hate it when people don't update.

SomeSortOfDeliciousBiscuit Thu 16-Apr-15 21:25:07

Reluctantlandlord, I've posted it on the ingender site and had two guesses so far - for a boy. I think girl based on the angle of the line, but then the part at the end goes up and I have no idea what that means.

It's all a bit of fun, but goddammit, I want to know! I might have to try harder to persuade DH that a private scan is a good idea.

BicycleMadeForTwo Thu 16-Apr-15 21:36:55

Have you tried the bicarb test / Chinese calendar etc? I quite enjoyed doing those tests (not to be taken too seriously!)

Yeah you need to start convincing DH about a private scan.

Reluctantlandlord Thu 16-Apr-15 22:17:40

I have 3 boys, 1 girl. I had horrendous HG with all the boys and just normal even mild MS with DD.

Reluctantlandlord Thu 16-Apr-15 22:26:21

If you do the Chinese calendar make sure it's the correct one. I did one with dd and it said boy. It had correctly said boy for the others (indeed all boys) then I realised it wasn't the apparent official one. I found that and whilst it also said the boys were boys it said dd would be a girl, and of course, she was!

yolanda29 Tue 10-May-16 15:56:13

would someone like to guess the sex, its my daughters scan photo due in November !

youknowwhattodo Tue 10-May-16 15:58:52

Definetely a girl...congrats x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now