Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

High NT measurement at 12 week scan

(7 Posts)
NicQ Wed 03-Sep-14 10:25:06

Hi everyone I'm looking for a little bit of guidance, I'm 14 weeks pregnant & had my 12 week scan 2 days ago where they told us my babies NT neck measurement was 4.4mm. The NHS cut off is 3.5mm so being high risk they have also sent off blood tests which we're hoping to get back today of tomorrow to give us a statistical risk of a chromosome disorder we will know next steps, it's also an indication of heart defects so just wondered if anyone's been in a similar situation?
Feeling rather scared right now xx

Salene Wed 03-Sep-14 11:01:09

Not been in situation but can highly recommend the harmony test. I got it even though score was 1:342

For a few hundred pounds it's puts your mind totally at rest and if course is non invasive.

NicQ Wed 03-Sep-14 12:02:43

Thanks for your reply Salene, the hospital just called and results have come back as a 1 in 5 chance of a chromosome defect so we're being referred to Addenbrooks for a CVS :-((((

ShowMeShowMeTheWine Wed 03-Sep-14 12:06:14

Hi op, sorry to hear you're going through this. Can you look at it that you've an 80% chance it's nothing at all? That's a pretty good chance in my books. Having something positive to focus on while you wait is important. thanks

rightsaidfred Wed 03-Sep-14 17:03:38

I had a 1 in 4 result with my last pregnancy and the CVS came back clear. There is an 'antenatal tests and choices' board on mumsnet and also a charity with a helpline called Antenatal choices or something with very helpful and supportive ladies.
The CVS itself was ok and the prelimin results came through very quickly- a couple of days later. It was a horrible. horrible time but ultimately everything turned out ok for us- and does do for 4 out of 5 people in your position.
Once we had the CVS result there were other hurdles to pass though as we had to have fetal cardiac, brain and kidney scans all of which also came back clear and he was born happy and healthy at full term.

NicQ Thu 04-Sep-14 08:08:22

Thanks for your insight right said Fred
Addenbrooks called late yesterday to offer us a cancellation today so we're going at 3.30 & like you mentioned fingers crossed the results will be back within 3 days, we've also been told next step is heart checks etc but can't be done till 18 weeks at the earliest, so glad to hear your LO was ok such a worrying time! X

NicQ Thu 04-Sep-14 22:18:20

Had my CVS procedure done this afternoon, to be honest it was a awful experience, the staff were fab it was just a horrible thing to go through but trying to stay strong & positive! Hoping to have the results back by next Tuesday x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now