Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Pregnant and have FINALLY started to love my little one :-)

(4 Posts)
pippinleaf Tue 02-Sep-14 22:13:52

My journey to getting pregnant was very long and emotional and had several losses of both little ones and partners but now, at the ripe old age of 38, I'm 18 weeks pregnant. I can't tell you, but I'm sure you understand, how much longed for this pregnancy is. Unfortunately , I have been quite ill with it and have found my fat belly, veiny boobs etc a bit alarming. I didn't feel any kind of bond with the little one although I found the scans very moving. I was beginning to think I was just not going to be one of these ladies who loves being pregnant.

Tonight, my labrador was sat on my lap for a cuddle and I felt the baby kicking away in there for ages. I've felt her before but suddenly I was filled with love and felt quite overcome.

Did any of you have this sudden moment of love or did it grow or did you feel it right from the start?

LBNM19 Tue 02-Sep-14 22:24:24

Aww that's nice.

I think it's something that grows, I was defiantly attached to him right from the beginning and scared stiff something was going to happen to him, then we had scans and found out he was a boy and the kicks started. I'm very attached to him now and I do love him but not like I love my son who's already here, I think when he's born it will be love at first sight again smile xxx

Isabeller Tue 02-Sep-14 22:25:54

smile flowers

TinyMonkey Wed 03-Sep-14 10:40:34

Congratulations pippinleaf!

I also had a long journey to get pregnant. I'm now 26 weeks and it's only in the last two or three weeks that I've started feeling properly connected to this baby, really since it started moving lots. I think a lot of what others perceived as me being cold up until then was really me trying to protect myself in case of another loss. I did eventually realise that it was futile, I would be devastated if something went wrong, however hard I'd tried to remain detached from the life growing inside me. But scans did little to reassure me and I still couldn't connect the picture on the screen with having an actual baby.

I'm beginning to allow myself to love my baby, and look forward to his or her birth, and it's a wonderful feeling. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now