Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Did you feel breech baby turn?

(10 Posts)
firstpregnancy2014 Mon 01-Sep-14 20:53:49

I'm abit confused- I'm 28 weeks and baby is breech, has been at every scan and every appointment so far
Midwife said he will move a lot untill due date so jot to worry ( despite the fact it doesn't appear that he's moved yet)
But then when I asked if I'd know when he had turned she said 'oh god yes trust me you'll know'
What does this mean?! Will it hurt? I was under the impression it would be easy for him to flip around but she's made it sound like I'll definitely know as soon as it happens !

I'm still feeling kicks VERY low down, like baby is trying to escape so I'm 99% sure he's still breech at the moment

Sausages123 Mon 01-Sep-14 20:56:46

My baby turned at around 36 weeks, it was a huge flip type movement, just felt very odd

Pendulum Mon 01-Sep-14 20:57:49

Yes, DD1 turned breech at 33 weeks when I was lying in bed and I certainly did know about it. I wouldn't quite say it hurt but it was quite uncomfortable.

And the bony head shaped lump that arrived between my norks was a little bit freakish too.

justmuddlingalong Mon 01-Sep-14 21:00:21

My 3rd turned from breech to head down, between me getting the induction pessary and delivery at 40+11. It wasn't painful, but it was one of the weirdest sensations I have ever felt.

fivepies Mon 01-Sep-14 21:01:00

Yes, I was talking along the street and felt DD2 turn. She was about 34 weeks. It was a strange, uncomfortable feeling and I felt tender around my bump for a couple of days (but was happy she'd turned so not that bothered!).

prettydaisies Mon 01-Sep-14 21:04:07

Yes I felt mine turn to breech at about 34 weeks and then back again at about 36 weeks after much hanging over the side of the bed. It didn't hurt as such but it certainly was noticeable.

FoodieMum3 Mon 01-Sep-14 21:07:25

Yes, dd turned from head down to breech. I was driving at the time. Very, very bizarre and uncomfortable feeling - literally felt her turn inside me.

firstpregnancy2014 Mon 01-Sep-14 21:11:03

Thanks! I'm hoping he gets a wriggle on so that it's not a large movement when he's much bigger. If ant even imagine the sensation but at the moment his kicks are very very weird feeling. Can't believe how low they are. I best get reading up more ways on how to shift him!

LizzieMint Mon 01-Sep-14 21:27:04

No, I didn't feel mine turn at all, and that was some time between 37 and 38 weeks. Was scanned at 37 weeks, spent the week crawling round on hands and knees and lying with my bum in the air and felt nothing so was convinced when I went in for an ecv that he was still breech - nope, he'd turned on his own without me even noticing.
Read the spinning babies website for good advice on how to get them to turn.

pinkteapots Mon 01-Sep-14 21:29:28

lol, you and I are in the same boat first! Let me know if baby turns and how it feels. Mine is still breech I assume though honestly I get movement all over, probably because at least one leg is up, not sure about the other. Feels more like an octopus tbh

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now