Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Scan Pic and How Far On...

(4 Posts)
Gudgyx Mon 01-Sep-14 15:15:42

Hi ladies!

Looking for a bit of advice if anyone knows...

Went for a reassurance scan on Saturday morning as I'd only had positive tests at home, nothing at docs yet (first app this Thursday).

The sonographer told us just over 12 weeks :D but on the scan picture it says 13w6d.

Anyone shed any light as to how far on I actually am grin last period was 25th May.

Thanks!!

TinyMonkey Mon 01-Sep-14 15:20:27

Depends on the length of your cycle I think, but assuming a 28 day cycle the NHS website calculator puts you at 14 weeks based on your last period.

The date on the scan is based on your LMP as well, her saying just over 12 weeks is based on what she could see on the scan presumably and measurement. Dates often vary a bit this early on I believe.

Gudgyx Mon 01-Sep-14 15:25:00

Yeah that makes sense, she did measurements and said just over 12 weeks. I was in such an emotional state I didnt really listen or ask questions, was just overjoyed to see something!

Thanks TinyMonkey <3

TinyMonkey Mon 01-Sep-14 16:54:32

It's emotional isn't it! Congratulations :-)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now