Joint webchat with Conservative and Labour housing minister and shadow housing minister, MONDAY 2 MARCH 1pm x

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Stupid Question Alert - Waters

(7 Posts)
nc060 Mon 01-Sep-14 09:29:47

Morning,

So I have just been for a 'wee' having been up many times in the night and not managed much. I have had 1 glass of smoothie this morning and my wee was MASSIVE!! Is it possible that this could have been my waters and I had been holding it in or would it just come out as soon as I stood up?

Im 40 +2 btw xx

Sid77 Mon 01-Sep-14 09:32:28

I don't think you can hold waters in. One of the things to look for is a trickle that you can't stop. Maybe the baby has shifted and released pressure on your bladder so it can empty properly!

Isabeller Mon 01-Sep-14 09:34:50

You would not even have to stand up and it would not feel like having a 'wee'. If I wasn't sure I would probably go in to have it checked though.

allisgood1 Mon 01-Sep-14 09:36:56

When it's your waters it's like a period gush. You can't hold it and you can't really mistake it for wee. Can you put a pad on and see if it gets wet?

nc060 Mon 01-Sep-14 09:44:13

Just wishful thinking then wink

scrufhead Mon 01-Sep-14 09:49:46

twice in the last few days I've been mid- wee and had a sudden gush! I really thought my waters had gone but like PP has said there was no trickle afterwards. I think the baby had moved it's head about putting pressure on my bladder x

squizita Mon 01-Sep-14 09:52:24

You can't control them, so if you use a pad they still dribble out. Then you sniff it ie if it doesn't smell of wee!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now