Joint webchat with Conservative and Labour housing minister and shadow housing minister, MONDAY 2 MARCH 1pm x

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

bowel incontence and delivery

(4 Posts)
sharonmcl Sun 31-Aug-14 19:35:30

Hi all,

My lat birth over 8 years ago was mishandled and has left me with bowel incontinence and 8 operations in past 4 years.

Anyone out there had a natural delivery with incontence and can give me advice as I want to go ahead with natural delivery but consultant more keen on me having planned section.

Sharon

Lozmatoz Mon 01-Sep-14 03:37:59

Bump

lotsoftoast Mon 01-Sep-14 08:28:18

Hi Sharon

Did you have a third degree tear last time?

If you have ongoing bowel incontinence, even if you weren't to tear again there is still a 1 in 4 chance of your symptoms worsening

I'd be inclined to go for an elcs to be honest

divingoffthebalcony Mon 01-Sep-14 08:39:04

I wouldn't hesitate to have a section in your shoes. The consultant knows what they are taking about, and the risk of causing further damage to your pelvic floor must be quite significant.

I had a third degree tear and recovered well, but even I won't risk another natural delivery for fear of causing more damage.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now