Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Pregnancy books & diaries - any recommendations?

(6 Posts)
FreckleBee Sun 31-Aug-14 15:02:39

Hello, I've found out I'm pregnant this week - yay! I wondered if anyone could recommend any books to talk me through my pregnancy ie what is happening at each stage! what to expect etc?
I also thought about keeping a pregnancy journal/diary as have kept a diary for years and thought it would be nice. Has anyone done this? If so did you use a particular journal or just a blank page diary?
Thanks in advance for and recommendations smile

natharley11 Sun 31-Aug-14 16:01:07

I have a pregnancy journal my partner bought of amazon its purple and space each week write and prompts and planning for baby pages. I love it.
Had one for ds too and soo nice be able look back

catg83 Mon 01-Sep-14 13:24:13

I have been given Rough Guide to Pregnancy and Birth and it is great. Good sense of humour and loads of info.

kittyvet Mon 01-Sep-14 20:58:24

I have the pregnancy bible and its very comprehensive although some of the info a bit dated.

Annarose2014 Mon 01-Sep-14 21:10:38

Pregnancy for Men (don't laugh). Its brilliant, all the up to date info and very sensitive but pretty funny at times. My DH read it cover to cover and then I did too. We didn't have to buy any other book, it's our Bible.

Biffalobuff Tue 02-Sep-14 10:30:47

I think I haas pregnancy bible,it was pretty good but lots of them are American and in the medical section mention things that you don't get here and the advice is different.
If I was getting another one I'd try and get one where the advice was uk based or at least not specific to any particular country.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now