Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

I don't know when I became this bat shit crazy.....

(6 Posts)
Gizmo2206 Wed 27-Aug-14 22:57:08

So.....I had a missed miscarriage which I found out at my 12 week scan back in March. Over last few days have tested with Cheap sticks, all have had a faint line (though definitely getting darker) took a Digital test today and it came back Pregnant :-D and said 1-2 weeks. Am thrilled. But scared that it should read 2-3 weeks (worked out from my ovulation) does anyone know how accurate these are if not using first wee of the day?

Basically I need someone to tell me to calm down! I never thought I would worry about something like this. Bloody Asda had sold out of simple yes\ no test. Knew This would set me off!

m33r Thu 28-Aug-14 07:36:01

Hi there. Sorry about mmc.

I read on another thread yesterday that the cb diggies measure from implantation not from lmp so this may explain this...

Hopefully someone more sure will come along but didn't want to read and run.

Congratulations btw!

Penguin13 Thu 28-Aug-14 07:58:18

Gizmo I'm sorry for your loss. I had an mmc too in Nov 13 at 13 weeks. Congratulations on your BFP! Try not to put too much store in the weeks of a cb digital (i know from experience telling you not to worry is about as helpful as telling you not to breathe!) I did and got myself into a right state (as well as fretting over lines becoming fainter on other tests) and convinced myself that the pg would fail again. I'm now 26 weeks. Today you are pregnant.

You may find it helpful to check out the pregnant after mc board (under pregnancy not ante - natal clubs which foxed me) full of lovely ladies and support from people who understand The Fear.

ruth1104 Thu 28-Aug-14 08:00:27

Hi, I don't have a scientific explanation but I dont think those CB timeline tests are all that accurate.. You've had lots of positive pregnancy tests, you're pregnant, congratulations! It can be a scary time after MC though, personally I found a private reassurance scan at 8 weeks really helpful but I know that's not the same for everybody. I didn't really stop worrying until I started feeling movements every day!

liesal79 Thu 28-Aug-14 08:25:19

Hi,
I had a similar experience. I tested and it came back positive - Clearly positive! I then for some unknown reason a week later did another test - it came back positive, but a lighter positive! I convinced myself this meant I was having yet another miscarriage (had 1 mmc and a few mc)
Of course it didn't and I wasn't! I have been Bat Shit crazy for the last 23 weeks - I am 23 weeks pregnant!

From memory, I think the instructions tell you if you are 1-2 that means 2-3? But I wouldn't put too much on it. As a previous poster said, Today you are pregnant! Speak to your local EPU about the possibility of a reassurance Scan, and that may help you get through to the 12 week. Everyone has different ways of coping and when you have been through a MMC it is very hard, so please don't be too hard on yourself.

Good Luck smile

CarmineRose1978 Thu 28-Aug-14 08:29:27

Today you are pregnant! smile

I don't think those tests are hugely accurate for dating... My BFP said 2-3 weeks, when I knew I was more like 1-2. I'm now 6 months pregnant, and my dates match when I think I ovulated almost exactly.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now