Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

am I going in to labour soon?

(3 Posts)
sophfrankiebump Wed 27-Aug-14 12:51:53

Hi wondered if I could get some advice I am 34 weeks. I had some waters leek this morning (well it felt like waters) I also had a lot of discharge more than normal.
I have had period type pains for the past two days, also been emptying my bowels more frequently than normal.
Babys moments are still the same, very active.
Do any one have any advise. This is my first ever post to any site.
No other symptoms through out whole pregnancy this is why it has taken me by surprise.

Gen35 Wed 27-Aug-14 13:15:54

Hard to say - you should give triage a call about the waters if you suspect that, the other symptoms could be something or nothing, I'm at the same point with dc2 and your body does a lot of getting ready which can be misleading. Give them a call, I would if I'd suspected waters leaking.

JFlo Wed 27-Aug-14 13:55:56

34 wks is about the same time I noticed my discharge step up a gear - wet pants most of the time! TMI! No cramps though, although if you're on the loo more often the two things could be linked.

I'd say give the hospital a call - there should be a 24hr number on your green notes, but any of the hospital contacts will point you in the right direction. They should have you in and test urine, hook you up to baby monitor etc so you'll know for sure what's going on. Even if it's normal you'll at least get to listen to baby's heart beat for a while! smile Better to be safe.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now