Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Did I just feel my baby move??

(12 Posts)
Roseblossom2 Wed 27-Aug-14 12:28:34

I'm exactly 19 weeks today. and around my belly button area I felt some bubbling/popcorn feelings when I sat down.

I know it wasn't trapped gas or anything, as I've had enough of that to last me a lifetime!

I wondered if it is the first signs of my baby moving? since I felt the little bubbles my stomach muscles higher up have been a little tight too.

Roseblossom2 Wed 27-Aug-14 13:32:29

Now I'm feeling little vibration type feelings... :/

JFlo Wed 27-Aug-14 13:43:48

Sounds like it smile You can feel movement from around 15 weeks (I think!?). Lots of people describe bubbles, pops or flutters so seems to fit! Congratulations! Amazing isn't it?!

PeterParkerSays Wed 27-Aug-14 14:03:04

Yep, I'd say so.

Roseblossom2 Wed 27-Aug-14 14:03:45

With my ibs, trapped wind and generally bloatedness I didn't think I'd feel a thing for a good while, but this morning my stomach muscles felt tight (after about a week of hurting like I'd done 200 sit ups) and now I keep getting little bubbles, vibrations, flutters around my belly button, all just came about pretty fast! smile

katiegee Wed 27-Aug-14 14:45:57

sounds like it smile I was exactly 19 weeks when I first felt movement... kinda felt like a really gentle muscle twitch? but on the inside if that makes sense?

Roseblossom2 Wed 27-Aug-14 14:55:18

Yeah I know what you mean smile been feeling it on and off all day now smile other half is getting impatient waiting to be able to feel it on the outside!

Roseblossom2 Thu 28-Aug-14 09:53:38

I haven't felt anything today... maybe it wasn't sad

fevdec Thu 28-Aug-14 11:44:52

It sounds like you felt you baby move. I first spotted the movement between 16 and 17 weeks. They felt like I had a fish in my belly I mean it felt as if sb was swimming in my belly and I felt water movements. I didn’t feel them every day at the beginning but within a month the movements become very noticeable and could be felt from outside.

Roseblossom2 Thu 28-Aug-14 16:36:34

Hopefully tomorrow they will be back then. Been doing a lot of lifting and moving today and I think I overdid it, Feeling a lot of stomach muscle pain like I've done sit ups! but no little flutters or anything today. Fingers crossed for tomorrow!, my 20 week scan is next friday, feels forever away!

ohthegoats Thu 28-Aug-14 16:54:01

Sounds like it. I didn't recognise those flutters/bubbles as baby movements though until they happened during my 20 week scan. At that point it was OBVIOUS. I'd been feeling those movements for about 3 weeks and not realised - just thought it was wind. Boyfriend couldn't feel them (even when I could SEE them from the outside) for weeks and weeks though, so don't get your hopes up. It was massively frustrating!

Roseblossom2 Mon 01-Sep-14 16:36:19

Well since the day I posted I've had nothing since sad scan on Friday so I 'll just have to be anxious until then!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now