Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Suggestions for a pregnancy/baby book or manual

(5 Posts)
EmmaJan2015 Wed 27-Aug-14 08:11:01

Hi all,

I'm considering buying a book for throughout pregnancy and the first year and hopefully early toddler years too. One which has practical info and advice as baby/toddler progresses. Preferably with healthcare/first aid section too although I realise I might have to buy that separately.

Has anyone got any suggestions please? Thanks

ZumZee Wed 27-Aug-14 08:42:00

Not sure you will get all that in 1 book but my recommendations would be:

Pregnancy week by week (Lesley Regan) - very practical and factual, written by a top obstretician and explains all the biological/ medical side

Birth Skills (Juju Sundin) - a great guide to active birth, again very practical and loads of ideas on coping in labour, for you and OH

Hypnobirthing (Katharine Grey) - relaxation and confidence, whatever kind of birth you are having. Confidence to have a natural birth if that's what you want, but you can also use the tools to help you have a positive C section experience or induction, whatever you end up having

00roversreturn00 Wed 27-Aug-14 08:51:15

Your baby week by week for the first 6 months by Simone Cave. Really practical advice, I thought it was great. There is a second book that follows - 6 months to toddler, month by month which is good to dip into but doesn't go into much depth.

The Red Cross do a good free first aid phone app that covers children.

skitter Wed 27-Aug-14 09:29:26

We both loved Birth and Beyond. It covers pregnancy, birth and the first 9 months.

EmmaJan2015 Wed 27-Aug-14 09:44:25

Thanks all. I'll have a look at these online/in my local library and pick between them.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now