Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Urgent advice before I leave for work....

(9 Posts)
TheScenicRoute Wed 27-Aug-14 07:34:10

Terrible indigestion today. What preparations are OK to take in pregnancy? My local shop doesn't sell Tums, they have gaviscon-but I don't have heartburn, Rennes or Zantac.

Thanks a million. X

animaniac Wed 27-Aug-14 07:36:47

I ate a lot of Rennies whilst pregnant.

Bellyrub1980 Wed 27-Aug-14 07:37:39

I'm not sure about Rennes or Zantac but I have used gaviscon for indigestion and it worked well enough for me and is safe in pregnancy.

MrsWildermac Wed 27-Aug-14 07:39:59

I ate my way through lots of packs of rennies. It says on the back of most of them if they're suitable.

FishWithABicycle Wed 27-Aug-14 07:43:48

Gaviscon will still help even if you wouldn't describe it as heartburn. It's generally all about neutralising excess acid.

FruitBadger Wed 27-Aug-14 08:04:19

Rennies are ok, the red packet I have specifically says they can be taken whilst pregnant X

Quivering Wed 27-Aug-14 08:05:55

Drink cold milk straight from the bottle

TinyMonkey Wed 27-Aug-14 10:07:52

Milk with a bit of bicarb of soda in it.

I find Gaviscon is good for heartburn or indigestion though.

doobeedee Wed 27-Aug-14 12:38:23

If you went to the doctor, they would prescribe Ranitidine which is just the generic name for Zantac. I bought them from the pound shop. Worked instantly and so much better than crappy Gaviscon!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now