Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Another anti d question

(8 Posts)
Popcorn1979 Tue 26-Aug-14 11:15:47

All - I can't find any answers on the internet and midwife hasn't returned my call yet but my DS fell on to me on Sunday and I got a pretty strong elbow in the stomach (brought tears to me eyes and I'm not normally that bad with pain!) Should I need the anti d (I am rhesus negative) or have I left it too late to be of any use?

nc060 Tue 26-Aug-14 18:26:58

phine triage they will be able to advise. I dont know much about it as doesnt affect me x

Emus Tue 26-Aug-14 18:30:14

Yes I would phone triage as nc060 suggested, if nothing else to get an immediate answer to stop you worrying. I'm RH- too and would be worrying as well. Hope you're ok. Let us know what you were advised. X

snoggle Tue 26-Aug-14 18:31:10

Phone delivery suite / epu depending how far along you are. I can't remember how long the window is but something like 72hrs rings a bell. In know when I had DS I didn't get it till 2 days later anyway.

If you don't get it in time try not to worry - chances of any cross-over will be small

snoggle Tue 26-Aug-14 18:33:24

Also they can check whether antibodies develop afterwards so if you were unlucky they can monitor

Popcorn1979 Wed 27-Aug-14 02:34:59

Thank you for the responses! Finally got hold of midwife, she didn't seem worried and said unless I was bleeding , it would be fine. I did point out any bleeding would surely be internal and therefore how would I know but she said he is pretty well cushioned in there so unless I at least had bruising, she wouldn't be worried. Not put my mind 100% at ease but do feel better about it!

junkfoodaddict Wed 27-Aug-14 12:42:18

How many weeks pregnant are you? I had my anti-D at 28 weeks, just the one injection although some trusts do two smaller doses.

Popcorn1979 Thu 28-Aug-14 09:34:41

I'm 26 weeks so am booked in for a jab in 2 weeks anyway!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now