Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

I can't believe I ate ....?

(50 Posts)
Mistyautumn Mon 25-Aug-14 08:17:19

I have just had a preggie moment where I have just eating something ridiculous. Nothing bad for baby, but for some reason at the age of 28 I have just had pop tarts for breakfast.

My mother would be ashamed!! DH bought them and I have just realised how horrible they are.

What have you guys eaten during pregnancy that you are not proud of? Xx

Cheese and piccalilli toasties. Only after dd was born did I realise just how foul they actually are.

PenguinsIsSleepDeprived Mon 25-Aug-14 08:50:16

I had cravings for super noodles. The filth!grin

PickledSprout Mon 25-Aug-14 09:22:19

Smash potato last pregnancy.
Tinned macaroni cheese.
Scampi

Mistyautumn Mon 25-Aug-14 09:37:44

You say that - I have just realised, I have eaten quite a lot of scampi in the last few months. Hmmm

McBear Mon 25-Aug-14 09:44:00

There's nothing wrong with pop tarts at any age for breakfast.

I simply ate a lot when pregnant. Every meal time was literally a meal for two and a share bag of skittles for dessert grin

CheesyBadger Mon 25-Aug-14 09:47:22

Chewed a body puff almost to bits... Mmmmm shock

wingcommandergallic Mon 25-Aug-14 09:48:57

I had rice pudding for breakfast the other day.

McBear Mon 25-Aug-14 09:57:20

Perhaps my eating habits aren't that good. Not pregnant and I ate a tin of rice pudding for breakfast yesterday.

squizita Mon 25-Aug-14 11:11:02

Yesterday I ate a giant ice cream sundae with a novelty name at my "baby shower" lunch. 10 women watching a small pregnant one eat a dessert the size of her head, obviously intended for sickly children's parties.
I like ice cream at the moment. And chocolate.

ohthegoats Mon 25-Aug-14 11:17:41

After Eights for breakfast today. Followed by a bowl of Crunchy Nut Cornflakes.

Before I got pregnant I didn't eat sugar - not for over a year. Nothing, not even ketchup because it has too much sugar in it, and only 95% cocoa dark chocolate, if chocolate at all. I've gone NUTS on chocolate the last few months. I'm looking forward to weaning myself off it again to be honest - but at the moment I just feel I NEEEEEEEED it.

DownstairsMixUp Mon 25-Aug-14 11:21:25

I was ok at the beginning of this pregnancy but now I just want to eat crap. All the time. And olives for some reason! Oh and peanuts though I try not to buy them as I'll eat the whole pack and they aren't really that good for you.

petitverdot Mon 25-Aug-14 11:21:53

Not that weird, but currently obsessed with Muller Rice. And I really fancy pop tarts now!

I ate buttered Mars bars. Daily. I'm not proud three years later- but damn it- they were good grin

ClairDeLoon Mon 25-Aug-14 11:26:15

I would eat 'inside out' as DH called it. Chicken salad or something lunch-y for breakfast, a massive meal like steak and chips for lunch, and cereal or crumpets at the dinner table grin I would be sick if I ate them the 'right way round' hmm

I put mayo on EVERYTHING too. Especially fish finger sandwiches. Mmmmm....

curiousjess Mon 25-Aug-14 11:29:29

Crab and coleslaw. Preferably together!

MildredH Mon 25-Aug-14 11:31:49

Quite a lot of Macdonalds. Like- maybe my lifetimes worth in 6 months. confused

ohthegoats Mon 25-Aug-14 14:30:38

I just ate almost a whole tiger bread baguette with butter and golden syrup. Haha. I am turning into a wasp.

KitKat1985 Mon 25-Aug-14 17:02:24

I once this pregnancy HAD to have gingerbread biscuits topped with vanilla ice cream. It was awesome. grin

JennyBlueWren Mon 25-Aug-14 19:37:58

Three packets of salt and vinegar chipsticks in a row! Been eating a pack of them or squares everyday!

gruber Mon 25-Aug-14 19:44:27

Haribo star mix. Had to be star mix. Funny thing was, I hated them before I was pregnant, still not that keen now, but I needed to know where my nearest packet was during pregnancy.

Droflove Mon 25-Aug-14 19:46:55

McD's. A few times. Totally Totton food, no nutrition but tasted so good!

Droflove Mon 25-Aug-14 19:47:16

Totton=rotten

scratchandsniff Mon 25-Aug-14 19:54:20

Just bloody everything in sight. Can't stop eating. Going to be soooo fat this time round.

BilboTheAlmighty Mon 25-Aug-14 20:17:59

I had some lovely brioche with grated gruyère for breakfast. DH was horrified, but I thought it was delicious!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now