Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Belly Button ring

(6 Posts)
Noappointmentnecessary Mon 25-Aug-14 00:05:23

I am 18 weeks with a belly button ring. When shall I take it out? Is my belly button going to pop out? I don't know what to do. HELP x

purplemunkey Tue 26-Aug-14 15:22:42

You don't need to take it out if it's not causing any hassle. Probably best to replace your current one with a maternity one though. I'm 31 weeks and only just took my maternity bar out as it was getting pretty sore and uncomfortable. I'm keeping it clean with saline wash & putting a bar through it everyday to make sure it's still open! See how it goes and ask MW if you're not sure or are worried. It's probably different for everyone, how well your skin stretches and how comfortable/uncomfortable it is x

purplemunkey Tue 26-Aug-14 15:23:33

Oh, and my belly button hasn't popped yet... Still waiting for that little surprise!

bellaboo88 Wed 27-Aug-14 08:31:54

I was going to get a maternity bar but I've only got a tiny bit of skin left... I wear a 6mm bar & pregnancy ones seam huge & sticky outy. I think there will come a time for me to take it out, I've had it 15 years.

Will feel naked without it & it seems bizzare to see what my belly button looks like! X

purplemunkey Wed 27-Aug-14 16:58:15

Ha ha, I feel naked without mine too - I've had mine for 16yrs. My belly does look weird without it in, but then it looks kinda weird at the moment anyway being huge and all! The maternity ones are long but I got the ones you cut down to size to allow for growing bump. It worked for a good while but just got too sore last week so I had to give in and take it out altogether sad

Noappointmentnecessary Thu 28-Aug-14 00:13:51

I've had mine for 19 years. I feel like I've officially let go of my youth and taken a one way ticket into adulthood. (I'm 37!!)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now