Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Nearly six weeks, spotty!

(19 Posts)
smogsville Sun 24-Aug-14 20:05:46

My chin, neck and area behind my ears all covered in vile spots. Some of them massive. So unsightly. Is this hormones, when does it end and the nice glowing bit begin? I don't remember the spots in my first pregnancy! Yuck.

Giraffeski Mon 25-Aug-14 07:23:45

I'm 29 weeks and still spotty, sorry! I think this is just how it is for some people.

KittyVonCatsington Mon 25-Aug-14 12:03:54

Am only 4 + 2 but since 11dpo, I've been getting more and more spots all over my face-they're the ones that really hurt - now 7 in total smile I don't care if my whole body is covered in spots if it means I get my baby though grin

I look like I have chicken pox and its not the pox. Ive been checked. 11 weeks here, and if its not spots, its boils on the inside of my thighs for some reason

Sigh..

kaymondo Mon 25-Aug-14 12:09:26

I always know it's time to poas when the spots appear, no glowing pregnancy skin here! They may go as your hormones calm down but mine never did.

smogsville Mon 25-Aug-14 19:25:08

Thanks for giving it to me straight ladies. I will count my blessings on the no sickness (as yet) front and try not to pick and squeeze.

smogsville Thu 28-Aug-14 22:02:17

This new one on my jawline is so big it's changing the shape of my face! Have dabbed a bit of toothpaste on it in desperation. Did anyone find any remedies useful? Or changes to diet?

breakfastinbread Fri 29-Aug-14 09:19:32

I think it's hormonally related, so most remedies unlikely to work, sorry. I've erupted like a volcano even before I POAS. In fact - it was my first indication that I was even pregnant!

I'm 31+ and it's JUST beginning to settle a bit now.

kulashaker Fri 29-Aug-14 09:25:22

i have suffered with bad acne all my life! and usually take long term abtibiotics but as im pregnant i cant now!i went to see the doctor and they said it just hormonal and they can prescribe anything for it :-(

She just said some people are lucky and some arent! i thought since i have given up smoking and drinking it would improve my skin but it hasnt!

smogsville Fri 29-Aug-14 21:46:51

Thanks Breakfast and Kula. I'm quite pleased you've said that, makes me feel better about all the delicious birthday food I've been gobbling all day and the six chocs I've just devoured. Mum's bought me a posh face mask so I'm putting all my faith in its powers.

Halfpastthelegofmyshirt Sat 30-Aug-14 08:40:42

My skin is clearing up now I'm sixteen weeks. I also had lots of little patches of eczema so I looked absolutely delightful. Hopefully you will see an improvement in the second trimester!

smogsville Sat 30-Aug-14 20:24:18

Halfpast I think i might just invest in a balaclava. I've just found a new one on my neck. Gross!

helly29 Sun 31-Aug-14 09:20:58

Mine is awful too-was my first pregnancy sign. The only thing I've found to help is using clearasil blemish pads twice a day - they have salicylic acid in them which seems to calm things down. Keeping my fingers crossed for some second trimester glow!

Bellyrub1980 Sun 31-Aug-14 09:48:15

My skin became spotty at 7 weeks (mainly over chin) and then totally cleared up by about 18 weeks. It's just normal now. So there is hope!

Annarose2014 Sun 31-Aug-14 10:01:30

There is a theory that spottiness is more likely with a girl. Its probably bollocks, but it might be some consolation to think it may be gender related!

I'm expecting a boy and my skin and hair have been flipping amazing. My hair hasn't been greasy since the day I got pregnant. And I have a co-worker who's expecting a girl and she's moaning about spottiness all the time. Who knows? Maybe its related, maybe its not?

smogsville Sun 31-Aug-14 19:00:47

Annarose I'd love another girl so trying to take heart from your theory, only I don't remember being spotty like this when preg with DD!

Minty82 Sun 31-Aug-14 19:26:22

I'm sure it was gender related in my case, but the other way round! My skin was tge best it's ever been when I was pregnant with DD and I was so looking forward to glowing again but second time around was a return to the worst days of adolescent pustulence. Almost identical pregnancies otherwise so I did wonder if it was an indication of different hormones and lo and behold - DS. It was miserable but did all clear up by the second trimester so there is hope!

SomeSunnySunday Sun 31-Aug-14 20:09:16

Ooh Anna that's interesting. My skin was so good in my previous 2 pregnancies, with my boys. This time around I'm super spotty (and have been since conception), and have a few other skin issues too (patches of eczema, new moles) - I'm 25 weeks now and expecting a girl (now confirmed by 2 scans).

smogsville Sun 31-Aug-14 22:08:51

I think we can therefore safely say that based on this very small sample, there appears to be no like between spots and gender!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now