Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Gearing up for labour?

(5 Posts)
mrsgembles Sun 24-Aug-14 15:20:04

I'm 39 weeks tomorrow but at my last midwife appointment I was measuring ahead by a week. Today began with a dash to the loo (diarrhoea) and then the following:
- stringy clear mucus in pants
- on and off cramps
- insane foetal movement, he went absolutely crackers in there for about 30 minutes, my stomach was flying everywhere (the woman at the next table to ours in the pub noticed) then settled, he's v quiet now
- more diarrhoea on the way home from the pub, got to the loo just in the nick of time! (It's not a bug, I don't feel ill or sick at all)

What do you think? Kind of wanted him to stay in until Sept 1st but SIL thinks he might be on his way?

imisssleepandwine Sun 24-Aug-14 16:27:26

I'm 39 weeks today and had a similar feeling yesterday, more energy, discharge, period like cramps, going to the loo a lot and nothing happened. I think it may have been wishful thinking on my part.

I think these are signs that your body is gearing up for labour, in some women they'll have these and other symptoms for a day or two before labour starts or like me with DD1 I had about a week or more of "is this it" cramps, changes in movement etc before she came.

mrsgembles Sun 24-Aug-14 19:38:22

Cool. TBH I don't mind if he comes on his due date, but there have been so many changes these last 24 hrs that they've been difficult to ignore. Bump is much lower this eve than it was before the wriggle-fest so think he was wedging himself in.

FoodieMum3 Sun 24-Aug-14 20:37:25

Sounds like pre labour to me. I hate to say it but it could mean 24 hours, or it could go on for a week.

mrsgembles Sun 24-Aug-14 22:32:19

Don't hate to say it, it's fine, I wasn't getting my hopes up massively anyway!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now