Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

over due an confused

(8 Posts)
dylanandnoahsmummy Sun 24-Aug-14 13:19:50

I wonder if anyone else has had a similar experience and offer some advice.

Im currently 40+4 weeks pregnant and seem to have had all the signs of labour except contractions.

I have had nausea and vomiting, loose stools frequently, constant period pains, mucous plug has come away and had a bloody show. Baby is fully engaged and having a lot of pressure low down. I have had the nesting instinct, remained active and use a birthing ball alot.

I have had what i thought might be contractions but they never last long and are not unbearable an go away after a while.

From what i can tell my body is giving all the signals its ready but nothing is happening. Please help

Madrigals Sun 24-Aug-14 13:33:33

Hi Dylan, maybe you are going through some form of stop-start labour? My labour was spread over three days and I had some of what you describe and intermittent phases of contractions as well.

The good news is that you almost certainly don't have long to go until labour starts thanks

dylanandnoahsmummy Sun 24-Aug-14 13:52:11

Thank u for the reply i really hope u are right as im not sure how much more i can take lol im so tired and grumpy just want it all to be over now

dylanandnoahsmummy Sun 24-Aug-14 13:52:16

Thank u for the reply i really hope u are right as im not sure how much more i can take lol im so tired and grumpy just want it all to be over now

dylanandnoahsmummy Sun 24-Aug-14 13:52:24

dylanandnoahsmummy Sun 24-Aug-14 13:52:38

dylanandnoahsmummy Sun 24-Aug-14 13:52:40

dylanandnoahsmummy Sun 24-Aug-14 13:52:43

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now