Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Braxton Hicks only in the evening - is this normal?!

(4 Posts)
Thatsnotmyfigure Sat 23-Aug-14 19:27:41

Hi! I am now 9 days overdue and desperate to get baby out before induction on Tuesday. Had strong twinges/ Braxton Hicks yesterday evening which came to nothing. Now the same again. Is this normal?!

dreamingofwineandcheese Sat 23-Aug-14 20:34:40

I think it is normal, it's when I get most of my braxton hicks anyway!

Hang on in there DS was 10 days late but did eventually start on his own. A friend of mine was saying nipple twiddling helped her go in to labour and the midwife mentioned it at ante natal as well so might be worth a go?

Will be trying myself once we get in to September!

Thatsnotmyfigure Sat 23-Aug-14 21:08:59

Maybe I should give that a go- thanks!! Have tried lunges, walking, curry, r l tea had a trawl on the Internet today and decided baby will just come when it's ready. Cld do without friend having baby early and posting photos on fb! Doesn't help that I'm also desperately hoping to avoid another induction. Have already postponed it till Tues and can't push it back anymore really!

dreamingofwineandcheese Sat 23-Aug-14 22:15:48

Anything is worth a go! I'm due to be induced at 40 weeks so I'm trying everything I can to get things going naturally if I can!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now