Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

How long after losing your plug have you gone into labour?

(8 Posts)
Jodieann1 Sat 23-Aug-14 16:02:16

So I'm 39+5 weeks pregnant, went for a sweep at 1pm yesterday. Had some bleeding(light) and some tightenings and dull back ache and today I lost my plug at 12:50 and still having a few tightening sand had a massive headache for about an hour and been feeling tired. Can anybody say if they think this is the start to labour and how long after losing your plug have you gone into labour? Thanks

monkeymamma Sat 23-Aug-14 16:17:27

Lost a bit of my plug at 4pm on the Friday, went to B&Q and bought baby a lamp for his room, evening as normal but lost a bit more plug, woke up on the Saturday definitely in labour and went to hospital, ds arrived three hours later. In actual fact I suspect I was in labour in the night and was aware of some period pain type cramps when I woke for a wee, but figured if I could sleep through it I probably should! (Disclaimer: we live very close to the hospital, I'm not recommending this laissez faire attitude to everyone!)
Good luck! X

olivo Sat 23-Aug-14 16:21:03

Lost my plug the Thursday night, having had a sweep earlier that morning. Woke up in labour on the Sunday morning, went to hospital Sunday tea time, was 8cm.....

whiteblossom Sat 23-Aug-14 17:39:04

I started to lose my plug on thurs and fri....still waiting though. Ive had back ache today but that's it. Im 38 weeks and very keen to get this baby out!

PuppyMummy Sat 23-Aug-14 18:58:45

I started losing mine on the Mon, baby was born on Thurs morning.

weebairn Sat 23-Aug-14 19:50:41

It was three days later for me.

MultipleMama Sat 23-Aug-14 20:03:59

DS1: 8 days before birth.
DD1: 4 days before birth.
DS2&3: 15 days before birth.
DD1&DS2: Same day as birth.

Varies wildly for me so I've never taken the losing of my plug as an estimated guess that labour might come soon. But I know that I'm close to pushing when I start to feel contractions grin.

LIG1979 Sat 23-Aug-14 20:17:42

9 days

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now