Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

i cant stop crying

(10 Posts)
twinkletwinklechocolatestar Fri 22-Aug-14 13:42:50

Im only 8 weeks i have a two year old he is so good but im not feeling well and i cant pay him attention that he wants and we end up shouting at each other all day and he never listens to me.
Im fed up of everyone telling me how good he is how amazing he is i know all thst but when its just us at home i cant cope house is a mess ds argues with everything i do or say i just wanna be alone im a rubbish mum i dont know how im gonna cope with two

twinkletwinklechocolatestar Fri 22-Aug-14 13:44:37

Sorry that all came out at once im not very calm at the moment and cant tell anyone in real life
i have name changed

Pregnantagain7 Fri 22-Aug-14 14:12:51

Aww sweetie it's really shit isn't it? I'm pregnant with dc4 and totally understand how you are feeling IMO you are at the very worst part of pregnancy weeks 8-9 for me were horrific the sickness was still there, the tiredness was unbelievable and my hormones were all over the place all I wanted to do was get I. The wardrobe and hide from the kids I was so desperate to get some time away to just deal with all the things I was feeling with out a child demanding things from me.

But it WILL get better I promise I'm 33 weeks and still have the odd bad day but overall it's fine. Do what ever you have to to get through the tough bits day of cbeebies? Fine. Pj day? Fine it never killed anyone. Make simple cakes if you can bothered (crispy cakes) and him eat them all day! DVDs and popcorn. It does not make you a bad mum and in a couple of years when they are running around together it will worth while thanks grin

twinkletwinklechocolatestar Fri 22-Aug-14 14:46:55

Thank you so much. I have finally calmed down and can talk some sense! We are watching 101 dalmations in our pj's and i have put a wash on/tidied up a bit. If i do anymore he will mess it up anyway! I just feel so.. rubbish. Dc2 was what i wanted and now its coming I'm freaking out about sleep etc. Ds didnt sleep through til his 2nd birthday. I keep thinking oh my god what have i done?!

You're on dc4, wow. I always wanted 4 but now I'm not so sure!

PurplePest Fri 22-Aug-14 14:48:31

you're not a rubbish mum twinkle. you're body is working incredibly hard at the moment, you feel like shit and your hormones are all over the place. don't worry about the house - that can wait. pregnantagain7 is right - get through it however you can. i know it feels as if you'll feel like crap forever but it will get better! here's a hug xxx

Pregnantagain7 Fri 22-Aug-14 15:02:18

Ha ha to not sure about 4 dcs that's how I felt when I found out I was pregnant, dc3 was 14 weeks!! blush
It took me a while to get over that little suprise grin

Glad you're feeling better sod the housework as you say it will only get messy again you doing a great job it's bloody hard work growing a human being be kind to yourself smile

Oh and if anyone does offer to help snap their hands off if it's any consolation I found being a mum second time round much easier you are calmer and feel like you know what you're doing (well a bit anyway!)

twinkletwinklechocolatestar Fri 22-Aug-14 15:15:16

Oh no now I'm tearing up because you're being so nice! Thank you x

tobysmum77 Fri 22-Aug-14 16:53:08

You aren't a rubbish mum, you are an exhausted one with a child at a challenging age. is there someone who can help you? a friend/relative to look after ds while you get some rest/ come over and give some support?

At your stage with dc2 I had mil staying because I had taken to my bed, on the bad mothering I win hands down wink

tobysmum77 Fri 22-Aug-14 16:54:20

And it's easier with 2 than being preg with 1 because you aren't pregnant. Whatever people say smile

twinkletwinklechocolatestar Fri 22-Aug-14 19:24:09

My mum lives 5 mins away and will help out whenever but i feel bad asking her too much and she works full time. She had him for the night last weekend and took him to the zoo and is having him next saturday night as we are going to see a show we got last christmas. So i am lucky but the tiredness inbetween is overwhelming. DP is here too but leaves for work at 7am and doesnt really get how tired i am (i think he secretly thinks im lazy!)

I dont blame you for taking to your bed! Honestly didnt realise how tiring it would be. I feel like i cant tell anyone i cant cope as they just say "well you have too" which is true. I hoped it would be different this time, last time I was just 19 and it was worse because family werent happy.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now