Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Third trimester breathlessness

(4 Posts)
JuniDD Sat 23-Aug-14 12:10:44

Thanks ruth, that's interesting. My iron levels are ok, so I guess it's just baby pushing up on me. I've got quite a short back so maybe it's all starting a bit earlier. It seems to help if I do something - less sitting about!

ruth1104 Fri 22-Aug-14 22:06:37

I've had the same, I spoke to my mid wife about it who recommended I go to the GP just to rule out any chest problems (and low iron levels can cause breathlessness) but I reckon it's just baby pushing on my lungs because it really helps when I go on all fours (maybe not one for in the supermarket?). Generally with panic attacks (if that's what's happening, I know I can feel myself going that way sometimes) you want to focus on breathing slowly and out for longer than in so you dont take in too much oxygen too quickly and hyperventilate.. Hope thats helpful!

LightUpLightUp Fri 22-Aug-14 21:37:51

Watching with interest and feeling exactly the same and sometimes do go a bit panicky with it!

JuniDD Fri 22-Aug-14 11:21:10

I'm 31 weeks and experiencing quite horrible breathlessness. It's on and off but it feels like the breathlessness you get before you panic about something, which makes me feel panicky that I can't breath. I am on top of it for now but does anyone have any tips for different ways of sitting/lying/doing that might help? I'm sitting leaning forward which is helping a bit but any ideas gratefully received.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now