Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Movements - gone from rolls and kicks to twitches and flutters

(10 Posts)
ThinkIveBeenHacked Fri 22-Aug-14 06:55:19

Is it due to lack of room in there? Im 31 weeks and coupled with the change in movement type im also getting an uncomfortable "bruising" type pain down in my pubic bone.

Maybe he has turned?

Im still getting movement, though as its intensity has lessened, my concern has grown, but I wonder if im just being paranoid?

Barbie1 Fri 22-Aug-14 07:00:30

Good morning op, I could of written your post.

I'm 30 weeks and the moments are very much like you described.

I had a scan this week (growth) and mentioned it.

I was reassured that lack of room plus the baby getting into position will make the movements feel less intense.

It's advised to count the kicks and report to midwife if they drop.

ThinkIveBeenHacked Fri 22-Aug-14 08:40:24

Ive got an app on my phone this morning to track the kicks, hoping it makes it easier.

Also have a very iffy feeling tummy - like im in for a long visit to the loo soon sad

mssleepyhead Fri 22-Aug-14 09:02:55

Happened to me too at pretty much exactly the same time. Also noticed that I couldn't feel a lot of movements but if I sat and watched my belly stuff was happening and I could see it, just without feeling it. My midwife said it's because he's running out of space in the last few weeks. Now I'm 40 weeks tomorrow, I barely even get twitches, just shifts. Keep monitoring though and if the movements stop/really slow down, call your midwife.

ElleDubloo Fri 22-Aug-14 09:57:07

My baby was crazy active around 28-30 weeks (exciting for me as I have an anterior placenta and never felt her moving particularly strongly until then) but now at 30-31 weeks she seems to have settled down again. So don't worry. Though definitely call your midwife is movements significantly reduce.

BumpOct2014 Fri 22-Aug-14 12:12:18

Just had to say this sounds the same as me - kicks still at times but not as much as in weeks 28-30. I'm 31 weeks now and tend to get more gurgling, fluttering, moving around movements (if that makes sense!)

As mssleepyhead said, if I watch my bump I can often see bigger movements than I am feeling.

squizita Fri 22-Aug-14 14:40:03

The important thing is they happen a familiar amount. They do change over time I found. I'm 37 weeks and they're pokes and wriggles, no room for dramatic swimming round now! They need to be the right amount, frequency (ie what youre used to) and feel deliberate... but they can/will get less big/dramatic. But if baby were still for too long I would call the mw.

squizita Fri 22-Aug-14 14:41:56

Oh yeah.. I'm another "see more than I feel" mum! Sometimes I'm anxious, look down and see a little foot poking out when I felt a mere flutter!

WftsC Fri 22-Aug-14 22:28:12

Thank goodness you started this thread, OP! Have been worrying about this all day at 32 weeks!

After all those weeks of football kicks and thumps, it is more like a swirling or clunking feeling (iykwim!) - reassuring to know it's the same as others!

ThinkIveBeenHacked Fri 22-Aug-14 22:37:45

I laid on my left tonight and slightly rolled forward and he had a manic kicking session so I feel very releived!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now