Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

3rd trimester - baby's abdo measure dropped 40 centiles in a month - panic?

(6 Posts)
TheToadLessTravelled Thu 21-Aug-14 21:18:02

Currently 28 wks with 2nd baby. Till now all measures have tracked up in the 90s consistently on all scans, same as with my first. Yesterday the abdo measure has dropped from above 95 centile to 60th in just a month. Doc has booked an extra scan in 2 weeks to reassess but I am worried. What would make the tummy shrink so quickly? My blood pressure is also up a bit and worrying about the measures won't help that. Waiting for more info from doc but in the meantime if anyone else had a similar experience would appreciate advice.

moregranny Thu 21-Aug-14 22:17:45

Bump

TheToadLessTravelled Thu 21-Aug-14 22:41:34

Bump

TheToadLessTravelled Sun 24-Aug-14 19:02:59

Bump..

Debs75 Sun 24-Aug-14 19:11:28

Has baby actually lost any girth? Sometimes you can drop centiles by just staying the same. My DD lost 1-2mm between weeks 32 to 36 so I had her induced as they were worried she was losing weight, which she was. I can't remember anything about centiles as I had only had 4 scans

TheToadLessTravelled Mon 25-Aug-14 09:17:56

Good point I will ask them at the next scan if that represented an actual decrease or whether its that the tummy has stayed the same while the rest has grown. Not sure that's any better. Either way I am crossing fingers all my extra rest this week will mean he is back on his curve for the scan next week.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now