Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Going to a wedding 10wks and no outfit fits

(10 Posts)
ilovechops Thu 21-Aug-14 15:55:49

I've got a wedding on Saturday, am almost 10wks pregnant with DC2 and am already a lot bigger than my normal size 10. I have been eating loads due to nausea but mainly it's on my tummy and boobs (huge). I just tried a few dresses on and just look hideous. I've only put on 3lb but it's all on my front I can tell.

I know it's because I am pregnant and it's the last thing I should care about but we won't be telling anyone and my normal dress style is pretty fitted because I am normally slim and they all just look awful / literally can't get them over my boobs.

Any advice of what I could do? I have some smart ish navy peg leg trousers that I like and still fit but could I wear those and a top to a wedding?? I always wear a dress but just felt so uncomfortable when I put them on mainly because my boobs are so massive and making me look fat. Blimey moan over. Any ideas welcomed / links to suitable options! Would spend up to £100 but need to get it tomorrow as the wedding is on Sat.

BanglesSpangles Thu 21-Aug-14 16:01:17

i reckon trousers and a top would be fine- i went to a wedding last week, and someone did that, topped it off with a fascinator, and she looked really pretty swish!

If you're looking for a dress though, a 50's-ish 'fit and flare' dress might be just the job- fitted at the top, but flares out just under empire line level. I wore one to the same wedding, with a net petticoat underneath and although im not really showing yet, i don't think anyone would have noticed even if i was!

This with the trousers and nice shoes?

Or this one ?

Dress stomach skiming? I'm 36 F atm, so fairly busty, but this would look fine on me - I know it works differently for everyone though...

Dress, has a good lining, so wouldn't cling to your stomach and would be flattering for bigger breasts. You'd be able to wear it for a few months yet too if you wanted.

Hugmonster82 Thu 21-Aug-14 16:20:16

I had exactly the same problem with a wedding at 13 weeks and wanted to save announcing as it was someone else's day. It was my boobs that caused the problem too-usually quite flat so felt like they would give the game away. I found that some size 10s are bigger than others. Try monsoon or oasis. I bought a 50s style dress from Laura Ashley in the end-again came up larger than some other shops. You could also try a floaty maxi dress. They hide many sins!

The last dress in green though, not beige. Would be too boring in beige. Good luck OP.

ilovechops Thu 21-Aug-14 16:43:20

Oooh some great ideas here thanks. Just need some inspiration I think, I don't have much money at the moment so wanted to avoid spending but have another wedding in 3 weeks so perhaps a maxi dress is worth the investment as it will hide sins in a few weeks too. It's annoying as I will be 12 weeks by the next one but it's 3 days before our scan so that's going to be even trickier to hide! Anyway thanks for these tips, I think maxi dress could be the answer or one of those tops which might be good for work for a few weeks too!

ChickenMe Thu 21-Aug-14 22:16:59

I don't know if it's any help but I bought an all in one trouser suit. I don't know what they are called-it's like a play suit with long legs. You can get some smart ones in debenhams. I jazzed it up with a pashmina, smart cardi and little flat sandals.

Rkbump Thu 21-Aug-14 23:52:09

I think trousers will look lovely! Just add jewellery, accessories and a nice hair style and u will look great I am sure. I have had to start hiding clothes that make me look big already and need to get more loose ones desperately!

hartmel Fri 22-Aug-14 04:24:11

Maxi dress! My husband bought me one and I'm 31 weeks pregnant and looks amazing with the bump now. But a lot of people didn't believe me when I said that baby is due in October. As the dress was kind of hiding the huge bump.. I know you are only 10 weeks but if you get a maxi dress with a pattern on it, people will notice the bump as the pattern will distract them.. grin

ilovechops Fri 22-Aug-14 21:47:09

Thanks for the tips guys. In the end went for a lovely bright blue dress from Warehouse which altho relatively fitted seems to skim the tummy rather well and minimises the boobs without drowning me! Still needed a 10 so made me feel a bit less fat and will do nicely for weddings next summer post baby (hopefull) as it's quite a loose style.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now