Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

2nd trimester...why aren't I blooming and feeling amazing - grrrr! x

(22 Posts)
Cherryblossom200 Thu 21-Aug-14 09:52:12

Hey everyone,

I�m 16 weeks next Tuesday and other then extreme exhaustion, sore boobs and a tiny bit of nausea I was doing fine in the 1st trimester, around the 10 week mark I had loads of energy and felt great. But as soon as I hit the 2nd trimester I�ve been feeling pretty cr*p! I keep having really bad headaches, feel exhausted again, sore boobs, sometimes feel sick, hormones all over the place, spots the list goes on. I seem to have a lot more bad days then good. I know every woman has different pregnancy symptoms, but I was hoping I would feel amazing in the 2nd trimester � and so far I don�t grrrr! I�m not going to complain because I know it could be a lot worse and I could be throwing up everyday, but the exhaustion is the bit that I struggle with and the awful headaches. My iron levels and everything are fine, so just me I guess. Anyway rant over�have a lovely day everyone xx

JustGotMyBabyOnBoardBadge Thu 21-Aug-14 10:41:14

Hang in there - I didn't feel 'human' until 20 weeks...in my third trimester now and still feeling pretty good smile

Sleepyhoglet Thu 21-Aug-14 10:46:03

Was feeling great but now at 26 weeks have blocked sinus causing pain down one side of my face. Feel rotten.

Mrsgrumble Thu 21-Aug-14 10:47:22

I was feeling great then at 22 weeks ... Exhausted. Pain in pelvis.

Upped my iron and trying to eat better.

eurochick Thu 21-Aug-14 10:49:00

My second tri blooming kicked in about a week before the start of the third tri. I briefly felt brilliant before my sheer bulk slowed me down again!

Annarose2014 Thu 21-Aug-14 10:55:27

I was still feeling shit at 16 weeks. From about week 19/20 to 26 I felt ok. No great bursts of energy, but fairly like my old self. I wasn't big enough to be cumbersome, didn't have heartburn yet, and was sleeping ok, and the chronic exhustion had settled to just ordinary "fairly knackered but managing".

Still felt like there was some "amazing" period I was missing out on. I shouldn't have believed that women in the 2nd trimester turn into permanently horny Superwomen. Its bollocks, basically. Your baseline just isn't as horrendous as it was, thats all.

Now I'm 29 weeks and its no fun whatsoever as a whole host of brand new crappy symptoms have kicked in. But still not as bad as 1st trimester. God, I wouldn't go back to that.

Cherryblossom200 Thu 21-Aug-14 11:05:41

I think I was just expecting to look and feel amazing when I got into my 2nd trimester. I blame the media/books! I feel duped! Could be that I'm still in the early part of the 2nd trimester, but I have a feeling I'm going to have good/bad days consistently throughout my pregnancy.

x

LuckyAugust Thu 21-Aug-14 20:36:28

I'm also waiting for the '2nd trimester bloom' to hit too! I'm almost 16 weeks pregnant with dc3. Both times before I've started to feel relatively normal from 10 weeks plus, not this time though!!! If anything I'm more tired and sickly! Its not a gender issue either (different symtoms???) as I know from some additional testing we had carried out I'm expecting my third ds.

natharley11 Thu 21-Aug-14 20:39:55

I'm waiting for the blooming stage too. 18 weeks on sat and still feel rubbish
When does the blooming start xx

Sorehead Thu 21-Aug-14 21:11:05

Another one here who still felt rough at 16 weeks and didn't feel blooming or energetic until around 20 weeks. Now gone downhill again at 29 weeks- was nice while it lasted!

Hang in there smile

Jodie1982 Thu 21-Aug-14 21:12:39

Oh snap! I'm 15wks Saturday with my 5th baby...never felt so dreadful, I'm in tears sometimes with frustration as I've got so much to do at home but no energy whatsoever, I just want to sleep n sleep n sleep!! I feel like a crappy mummy to my 4 kiddies as I can't get the motivation, I'm actually starting to feel depressed now. sad
Let's hope we perk up ASAP x

Smartiepants79 Thu 21-Aug-14 21:13:43

Because its a myth!
I felt like crap from start to finish with both my pregnancies. Varying degrees of crap but still crap.

Annbag Thu 21-Aug-14 22:16:50

I never had the 2nd trimester glow either.I guess it wasn't as bad as the first and third trimesters, but it wasn't the wonderful experienc e the media make out!

2014MrsH Thu 21-Aug-14 23:14:17

I felt exactly like you, I think feeling good comes more in mid-second trimester. My nausea didn't disappear until 17 weeks, and I've only been feeling really good since about 22 weeks. I'm 24 now and feel the best I have in months. All of a sudden you'll feel so much more energy. Pregnacare vitamins also make a big difference to feeling and looking great along with eating well

Bellyrub1980 Fri 22-Aug-14 05:28:07

I felt amazing from about week 27 to 29. The rest of the time I felt normal at best. I just feel shattered all the time now!!

beccajoh Fri 22-Aug-14 06:22:50

I felt good for one week at 35 weeks in my first pregnancy. Aside from that it was endless nausea, exhaustion and horrid SPD.

Woodl3s Fri 22-Aug-14 09:20:55

Everyone has told me about this second trimester 'bloom' and it's totally passed me! I'm 23+3, so near the end of the second trimester, so I don't think I'll be experiencing it at all!
Throughout my pregnancy (from around 8 weeks), all I've had is morning sickness (though fingers crossed ive not actually been sick since 20 weeks!) and totally gone off my food. I've lost 11lb in total and feel crappy all the time.
I have more spots than a teenager and you can fry chips off my hair most of the time - its that greasy!
I do feel a bit cheated out of the 'bloom', but I guess I'm so used to feeli like this, I feel like I'll never be normal again. I have definitely took one for the team on this one!

Cherryblossom200 Fri 22-Aug-14 09:28:40

Ah ladies, it's good to know we are not alone smile I completely blame the media for this 'bloom' which doesn't ever blooming turn up! But I'm still in hope that maybe somewhere along the 2nd part of the 2nd trimester I will start to look like this amazingly beautiful woman with glowy skin and thick gorgeous hair who has the energy to run marathons...yeah right I don't think it's happening.

I take my vits, eat super, super healthily, get tons of rest and still wake up feeling like sh*t.

Cherry xx

natharley11 Fri 22-Aug-14 17:14:51

Soo nice to not be only one I suspect never going to be one these women who sail through pregnancy im just going feel sick through mine

Saraswati Fri 22-Aug-14 17:20:44

Still waiting for the bloom over here too! 22 weeks and still suffering morning sickness, exhaustion and spotty skin. Now I've got the joy of back and rib pain to add to the list! Sorry to hear there are so many others in the same boat!

LittlePink Fri 22-Aug-14 19:52:29

Im not blooming either! Feel dreadful. Exhausted to the point of not being able to get off the sofa some days. Skin is awful, broken out in hideous spots at 20 weeks and generally feel and look pretty rough! As far as I can remember I felt good at this stage with DD. The tiredness had gone and I felt energetic and everyone was saying how well I looked. Dont know whats going on this time but I haven't had that 2nd trimester bloom yet!

Cherryblossom200 Sat 23-Aug-14 10:27:38

Maybe we will all be late bloomers then hey? Start blooming around 32 + weeks! When everyone else feels awful we will be walking around swooshing our Jennifer Anniston hair and glowing flawless skin. We can only wish smile xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now