Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

what is wrong with me?

(9 Posts)
dashoflime Tue 19-Aug-14 13:05:12

Because I feel terrible sad
I have relatively bad morning sickness and very little apitite. I am 12 weeks and have basically not been eating properly this whole time. Its not like me at all- normally I have a great apitite.
I have no energy, feel cold all the time and am getting headaches. I just feel really, really run down. Im off work because even the journey there is exhausting. Today, I tried to tidy Ds's room and the effort of bending down to pick up toys was knackering. I am now in bed feeling like a total failure and trying to phych myself up to go and make myself lunch. The idea of cooking and eating seems overwhelmingly difficult.
The Dr has given me a weeks sick note, some anti nausea pills and tested me for aneamia. Anything I can do to help myself? I realise I could solve some of this by eating but for some reason that seems really tough to do. Anyone else experienced anything like this?

redexpat Tue 19-Aug-14 13:51:35

Not quite as bad as what you're describing, but yes to lack of appetite. I just ate little and often. Often a glass of milk and an apple would be my meal. It does get better though. Can you ring a MW for reassurance? Or possibly GP?

BikeRunSki Tue 19-Aug-14 13:56:05
BikeRunSki Tue 19-Aug-14 13:58:40

I had no appetite in my first trimester in either pg. I had hyperemisis and couldn't keep anything down. It was just about the grimest, most hideous time of my life. Try and stay hydrated if nothing else- I ended up in hospital on a drip a few times for rehydration.

dashoflime Tue 19-Aug-14 15:56:22

Thanks for the supportive messages. The sickness support webpage looks really useful.
Redexpat I saw my GP yesterday. She is testing me for aneamia and has signed me off work for a week. I'm going to try to use the time to get into better habits re: lots of small meals. Hopefully this should give me a bit more energy so I can go back to work.
Ds is at the childminders tomorrow so I plan to sit in bed with my tiny meals and season 6 of the sopranos.

dashoflime Tue 19-Aug-14 15:57:30

bikerunski sorry to hear about your experiences. That sounds really rough

Jodie1982 Tue 19-Aug-14 21:47:17

I have extreme fatigue, I'm 14+3 with baby no.5. The most basic of tasks just has me knackered, out of breath n sweating. My upstairs needs such a good clean out but I literally have no energy, I think I need to b tested for Anaemia also, had it with previous pregnancies. Hope you feel better very soon, take it easy. X

Rainbow555 Tue 19-Aug-14 22:21:10

You are not alone! The thought of making food and eating is a mission, the house is a tip and I struggle to make it to work before 11am, luckily they are understanding. I was just thinking how pathetic I feel and maybe I should suck it up and make an effort to get to work on time but I am not sure I can.

I am hungry but no appetite I find it so hard to eat, terrible headaches and very breathless.

I don't have much advice, I do try and eat regularly despite how hard it is, but more just that I sympathise and you are not alone!

lotsoftoast Wed 20-Aug-14 06:21:15

Sorry you are feeling so awful dash - I'm pretty much the same at the minute and hope it will lift as first tri passes

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now