Webchat with Tristram Hunt, Labour education shadow, MONDAY 27 April at 12 midday ×

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

How to avoid pregnancy blues

(4 Posts)
Decemberbaby2014 Tue 19-Aug-14 12:26:48

Hi all,
I'm 23 weeks pregnant and over the last couple of weeks I've been feeling down in the dumps for no reason (usually turns into tears). Is there any way I could avoid feeling like this? Is this just hormones?

redexpat Tue 19-Aug-14 13:46:41

Are you eating, sleeping and exercising?

I felt quite low during first pg, saw the dr for 25 wk check, and she recommended that I double my iron tablets (we all take them here as a precaution) and that made me feel MUCH better.

Have you got a check with a dr or MW coming up?

Gen35 Tue 19-Aug-14 14:11:46

I do remember a few downs around this point that were hormone related, can you do something simple to see if it bumps you into a better mood like a spa treatment (pedicure in my case), a spot of baby/maternity related shopping or call in sick at work for a day if you're not feeling good mentally and rest/watch tv for a day/few days? Sometimes you need to give yourself permission to do nice things. It has been going on a while though so perhaps it is worth talking to your mw?

Decemberbaby2014 Mon 25-Aug-14 14:28:47

Well im definately going to mention it to the midwife this week. thanks for the advice!! smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now