Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Help - SoreBump

(7 Posts)
Salene Mon 18-Aug-14 21:55:43

I'm 35 weeks , 1st baby and my bump is killing me

There is a area the size of fist towards top right of bump and it's so painful, even to touch the skin, like it's badly bruised

If I bend forward it hurts like crazy and also baby pushing on it a lot from inside , it's sooooo sore :-(

Is it normal to get this..?

There is no marking on skin or that.

marrappa Mon 18-Aug-14 22:20:03

yep im 36 weeks and I know the feeling

my baby has been pressing on a certain bit on my bump and it feels bruised

just positioning of baby at the moment hopefully he will move for you at some point just keep mobile walking and having baths helps move position

Loletta Mon 18-Aug-14 22:33:27

Not normal at all. Please phone the midwife ASAP or go to A&E

Salene Mon 18-Aug-14 23:17:52

Oh that's a rather contrasted pair of replys..?

1 says yes , 1 says no..

Anyone else felt this before..?

If not I will ring MW tomorrow to ask

rightsaidfred Mon 18-Aug-14 23:48:03

Also 35 weeks and have exactly the same...... pretty sure I had this last 2 times too and all was normal. Gets slightly better if I get up and move around but bump is very tight and uncomfortable the last few weeks. I think it gets a bit better when the baby starts to move down

Salene Tue 19-Aug-14 00:06:46

Ok cheers

I was getting worried then as did the mistake of googling it and it came up saying a sore area on bump can mean placenta abruption :-(

Hmm I won't shake that worry now so will prob just ring MW for reassurance anyway

Binglesplodge Tue 19-Aug-14 03:51:13

Is it right up where your ribs are, just under your right breast? I have that too: the skin almost feels numb but it hurts from inside. It feels better if I gently rub on the outside and is worse when sitting. I'm assuming it's a trapped nerve or a ligament or muscle under pressure...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now