Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

3rd Pregnancy - feeling movements...

(8 Posts)
ScouseBird8364 Mon 18-Aug-14 20:59:14

I'm 14 weeks pregnant on Wednesday with 3rd and have been feeling movements from about 10 weeks (honest! and not just wind!)
Been feeling them a bit more, and more frequently too, from about 12 weeks but for past 2/3 days now, nothing sad

I haven't gone to emergency room as I feel a bit silly with it being so early on, though have been told by the experts that you do feel movements sooner with each subsequent baby.

I guess I'm just after reassurance from people who may've experienced similar, at such an early stage, but then had movement again? confused

weebairn Mon 18-Aug-14 21:34:39

Baby is still little and when s/he moves to a different position you won't be able to feel him or her, even if you were before.

I felt first movements (I think) very very early too - about 13 weeks - this is second pregnancy. A couple of days of a few flutters. Then nothing till 14 weeks and felt one random quite distinct one then! Then 16 weeks they started more regularly. But I still wouldn't worry about regular movements till well after 20 weeks. Lots of women don't feel anything till then.

Think about a teeny baby in a big balloon, if he is pressed against the edge and kicks outwards you might feel it, but he turns over and kicks in the other direction you'd feel nothing.

Jodie1982 Tue 19-Aug-14 09:54:59

I have been feeling an odd poke now n then, I'm pretty sure it's baby. I'm currently 14+3 with baby no.5.

ScouseBird8364 Tue 19-Aug-14 09:58:30

Wow @Jodie, nr.5?! Are you mad hee hee?! Just kidding, I'd love a big brood if I could wink

ScouseBird8364 Tue 19-Aug-14 10:00:05

weebairn your comments reassured me, thank you for that smile I still can't seem to settle though, I keep prodding my tummy (!) and drinking really cold milk to try get baby moving but he's having none of it sad

Scoobsmam13 Tue 19-Aug-14 10:24:26

I am sure I was feeling movement from 11/12 weeks, this is DD2. Until I was 16 weeks this wasn't regular or even daily, there was some times I would go days with no movement. Different story now of course, being beaten regularly from the inside. In fact ditto exactly what weebairn has said for me too. I wouldn't worry at 14 weeks if movement is not frequent, baby is tiny.

WhyOWhyWouldYou Tue 19-Aug-14 10:32:17

I agree with weebairn when its this early they are just a little tiny baby is a big ballon. If they are sitting against the front wall you could possibly feel them but if they move then they wont touch th sides so no chance of feeling them.

Im glad others are feeling things early i felt some sunday (13+6) and again yesterday. Confused the hell out of me as i though you had to be much further a long (i think i was about 20 with dc1) but i was certain it was movement.

ScouseBird8364 Tue 19-Aug-14 19:01:11

Yayy, I felt a few kicks again today smile wink After 3 days of nothing, I think my little jelly bean could sense my worry wink x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now