Join us at Workfest for expert advice on kickstarting your career ×

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Mozzarella is ok, isn't it?

(8 Posts)
Isabella24 Mon 18-Aug-14 19:02:04

I can eat mozzarella, can't I? As in, the grated stuff from the supermarket? Having a paranoid moment!
Thank you!

FranksBobot Mon 18-Aug-14 19:04:52

Yep it's totally fine and just as well as I spent most of the first trimester eating the stuff.

Leviticus Mon 18-Aug-14 19:05:44

Yes and the NHS website now says you can have hard blue cheese like Stilton too. I was 8 months before I found that one out.

squizita Mon 18-Aug-14 19:29:44

www.nhs.uk/conditions/pregnancy-and-baby/pages/foods-to-avoid-pregnant.aspx#close yeah totally fine. Click on the different foods, many say perfectly fine!

WftsC Mon 18-Aug-14 19:59:22

You can eat Stilton?!!! It has taken all my willpower at 32 weeks not to devour the block in the fridge!

Brace yourself, stomach.

Isabella24 Mon 18-Aug-14 21:26:17

Thanks all. Off to indulge now smile

RevoltingPeasant Mon 18-Aug-14 21:28:32

OP think you need to check it's made from pasteurised milk. Most stuff you buy in a UK supermarket will be, ofc, but it's possible to buy stuff that isn't so just check the packet to be sure.

loveheart45 Mon 18-Aug-14 21:33:30

God, yeah! Of course you can!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now