Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Inconclusive scan

(13 Posts)
nottskate Mon 18-Aug-14 17:03:16

Hi guys, I've been having spot bleeding for the last week now, not heavy or painful just light bleeding. I went for an internal scan today and she told me I was 5 weeks and 4 days. She couldn't see anything other than the sac, making it inconclusive. Has anyone else had a similar experience? I had a blood test and another due this Wednesday to check hgc levels but his not knowing is so hard! K x

SunbathingCat Mon 18-Aug-14 17:08:27

Hi Nottskate, sorry to hear you are worrying about you pregnancy. Sadly I can't reassure you other than to say that what you have seen is to be expected so early in pregnancy. At 5 weeks and 4 days, your baby's heartbeat can't be heard yet and the fetal pole often can't be seen. Are you going back for a second scan? FX you can get the results from your blood tests in Wednesday quickly and they confirm the hcg is continuing to rise.

nottskate Mon 18-Aug-14 17:29:47

Thanks cat, yes so by Thursday I should know if the levels aren't right. It's just such a worry I feel tired out just from thinking about it constantly and it's so hard not to think the worst! X

SunbathingCat Mon 18-Aug-14 17:33:09

I understand what you are going through as had exactly the same experience with my first scan. I hadn't had any blood tests at that stage, so needed to wait a further ten days for another scan to see what was going on. However, I did spend a lot of that time online and found out that at five to six weeks (my baby's age) it is only time that gives you a definitely answer - either the time for another scan or for blood tests. Hope it all goes well for you and you get positive news in Thursday that outs your mind at rest. X

zoelouisa1 Mon 18-Aug-14 21:46:03

Hi I had an early scan at 5 weeks and they only saw 5h

zoelouisa1 Tue 19-Aug-14 18:55:41

zoelouisa1 Wed 20-Aug-14 08:08:07

zoelouisa1 Thu 21-Aug-14 06:06:15

toots123 Thu 21-Aug-14 07:27:09

Hope all goes well today OP.x

bellaboo88 Thu 21-Aug-14 08:55:16

Had the same, discharged with notes saying can't tell if its viable n sent away...no bloods nor further scan. Now 14w4 with a jumpy little person inside!! I wish they had never done that early one. I hope everything goes smooth for u now....I had further red bleed after ahem bearing down too much on the loo xx

nottskate Thu 21-Aug-14 14:04:37

Hi, me again with an update. I'm still quite confused. My bloods only went from 8909 to 9206 which obviously isn't enough! The lady wants me to have another blood test tomorrow. She sounded like she didn't know anything. I have no cramps, sickness or anything which she was confused about ( could be ectopic ) so I'm still in the dark reallysad feeling very confused and emotional!

GailLondon Thu 21-Aug-14 16:06:38

Hi nottskate , sorry to hear you are still in limbo. Have you been referred for another scan or are they waiting for the result of the next blood test first? I guess it can't be ectopic if they saw the sac in the correct place?
I know how annoying it must be just being told to wait all the time, especially when you were expecting to have had an answer by today.
We'll be thinking of you, let us know how your next blood test goes.

nottskate Sat 23-Aug-14 13:48:39

Thanks Gail. I have had my blood test results back and they have only risen by around 100 again. I think it's a miscarriage but it's just happening fully yet, got a scan Wednesday I think they want to double check before we take any action. Just want this over now it's just waiting after waiting! Stressful times x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now