Webchat with Tristram Hunt, Labour education shadow, MONDAY 27 April at 12 midday ×

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Hospital Bag

(8 Posts)
abcdef12345 Mon 18-Aug-14 11:36:23

I'm 27 weeks now, due early November. Is it too early to pack my hospital bag? When did everyone else start packing their bags? Thanks.

Heatherbell1978 Mon 18-Aug-14 11:46:59

It's up to you I guess. I'm 40+3 and waiting for baby to arrive and my bag has been packed since 36 weeks. Statistically you're more likely to have the baby 2 weeks either side of your due date.

Buffy81 Mon 18-Aug-14 11:56:59

i packed mine at 38weeks. am bang on 40 weeks today

SouthDerbyshireMamma Mon 18-Aug-14 12:05:31

I started packing mine at 32 weeks and finished packing whilst in labour (phone chargers etc)

Redling Mon 18-Aug-14 12:23:31

I've been in early labour since Saturday and tbh I could have gone out and bought everything in the last two days, never mind packed it! But you may have a swifter time than I'm having smile had it all packed by 35 weeks but am adding as I go today.

Ellie2elysia Mon 18-Aug-14 12:25:23

39 here and still got a few things to add, as a FTM I feel like I'm over packing!!

arghhelpme Mon 18-Aug-14 12:56:54

I started packing mine last week when I was 27 weeks. I have been nesting like crazy though and feel the need to get things done, bit hard in summer hols whilst chasing after 2 children.
Am expecting twins though so will probably be here before their November due date.

The baby bag is packed but my labour bag consists of a towel, big knickers, maternity pads and lucozade. Must remember toothbrush and toothpaste this time as forgot it both times with previous dc.

Whatsonemore Mon 18-Aug-14 13:07:14

Mine have all been prem so I always pack then repack early - usually done by 22 weeks then add snacks / chargers etc when needed!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now