Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

work making me want to cry

(8 Posts)
natharley11 Mon 18-Aug-14 10:30:55

I am soo fed up could sit down and cry. They changed our hours over weekend we all got be in for 8 am now even on a Sunday
Problem is I got no one take my lb to school and can't even get in on a Sunday.
Don't know what to do if quit don't think can get jsa till mat allowance
And on top this suffering hyperemisis and feeling awful soo tearful over it all

redexpat Mon 18-Aug-14 10:42:05

First thing I would do is to check your contract to see what it says about changing work hours.

Are you in a union? If not phone acas for advice. I'm really not clear on the law in the UK, but I think you have the right to request flexible working, although they do not HAVE to give it.

hmmmum Mon 18-Aug-14 10:42:43

How awful for you sad It is hard enough being pregnant without having this stress to deal with as well. How many weeks pregnant are you?
I wonder if you could speak to Citizens advice bureau about your rights / what you can do? It seems wrong for them to suddenly change your hours, these weren't the ones you agreed to and they make it difficult, if not impossible, for you to even be able to get to work. Maybe you have some rights you could argue for that CAB could help you out with?
Maybe also it would be good to post this in the Employment section of mumsnet because there might be someone there who knows about what your rights are / how you can respond to this.

natharley11 Mon 18-Aug-14 10:44:32

I'm almost 18; weeks on top feeling soo ill just don't know what do. Will post in employment section tho thanks

hmmmum Mon 18-Aug-14 10:45:48

Ps. Yeah there is the section work then you click on employment issues. Might be people there who can help

SouthDerbyshireMamma Mon 18-Aug-14 11:22:10

Like others have said, check your contract and speak to ACAS. My last employer changed my working hours without giving enough notice. I got advice from ACAS and found them to be in breach of my contract.

ElleDubloo Mon 18-Aug-14 11:45:03

As well as speaking to your union, you should speak to occupational health. A note from occupational health might have more weight because your employer is not legally allowed to put your health at risk.

natharley11 Mon 18-Aug-14 17:17:16

Doc signed me off for 2 weeks so in mean time will speak to them and see they advice

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now