Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Freaking out! Brown staining!

(7 Posts)
lozzy1982 Sun 17-Aug-14 20:57:00

Hi ladies,

A few nights ago i had what id describe as like brown smears, like staining in my underwear. Completely dry. When i wiped there was nothing, and again today exactly the same sort of thing. Im 7 weeks 3 days and mc in feb. This will be my secound pregnancy. Anyone had similar? I dont even know if you would call this spotting?

Shallan Sun 17-Aug-14 21:00:05

Brown discharge is almost always just some old blood (left over from previous period/implantation bleed) that's coming out. Try not to worry - easier said than done I know - and keep an eye on it.

Check whether your local epu allows you to self-refer and if so go in tomorrow. If not, you'll need to call your dr/midwife to arrange a check up.

But honestly this happens to a lot of pregnant women and they go on to have perfectly healthy pregnancies. It's worth checking out, but don't panic.

CalamityClara Sun 17-Aug-14 21:00:55

I had this in the early stages of all 3 of my pregnancies. It's not uncommon at all. Try not to worry x

lozzy1982 Sun 17-Aug-14 21:03:28

Thanks for your words makes me feel
A whole lot better smile x

AnotherStitchInTime Sun 17-Aug-14 21:09:43

This is quite common in early pregnancy. Brown is OK, if you get red then get it checked out.

I had 'periods' for the first three months of my third pregnancy. I then was in hospital for two months with bleeding due to placenta praevia. Ds is a strapping 7 month old now.

cheshirem2b Sun 17-Aug-14 21:27:03

I had this at 7/8 weeks. Mw referred me to epu (because I was hysterical I think!) and all was fine. General rule is brown is old blood and ok. Keep an eye out and call your mw if you're worried.

mssleepyhead Mon 18-Aug-14 08:16:11

I had a scan at my EPU at 7+3. All was fine : ) Went on to have brown spotting throughout the first, second and even into the start of the third trimester though. No one could ever tell me why, apparently it just happens to some women. If you're anxious, I spoke to my GP and they arranged the EPU appointment for me. You could do the same?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now