Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Pelvic floor exercises

(5 Posts)
loulouf79 Sun 17-Aug-14 11:46:56

Hi everybody, I'm 11+2 and wondering what I need to be doing about pelvic floor exercises? At what point in your pregancy should you start? I'm assuming the sooner the better.

I'm hearing lots stories about how important they are... The only problem is I don't really know how to do them! Does anybody know any good websites or advice?? Thank you x

ancientbuchanan Sun 17-Aug-14 11:50:26

This is where you need Gussiegrips, the expert.

kittyvet Sun 17-Aug-14 16:12:19

I think katysays.com has some controversial advice which I wish I had paid more attention to earlier!

Gen35 Sun 17-Aug-14 18:04:37

What to expect has pelvic exercise advice too. You have plenty of time though! They say to ramp up in 3rd trimester.

mssleepyhead Sun 17-Aug-14 20:15:52

I'd say start as soon as you can. I've been "lifting, squeezing, holding" sat on the toilet seat twice a day for 3 minutes when I brush my teeth since the start of the second trimester. I know that's not a lot, but it seems to have done some good as at 39 weeks I've not had any leaks yet. HEAPS of other last trimester niggles, but I'm really relieved about this!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now