Webchat with Tristram Hunt, Labour education shadow, MONDAY 27 April at 12 midday ×

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

New here- 24 weeks pregnant&something is not right

(11 Posts)
Jackierose329 Sat 16-Aug-14 19:18:26

Hi everyone, like i said im new here but im excited to see how all of this workssmile
Anyways, ladt night about 11:30 i started having sharp (not to intense) pains in my lower right stomach they only lasted about 10-20 seconds each. But continued coming every ten minutes (or so) it didnt matter if i was sitting, standing, walking, laying (on either side ir back) about 1:30 pm they started to slow down but i noticed a spasm right before they would happen but the wasn't bad enough to keep me awake so I went to sleep well a few different times i woke up with intense pain that shot up near my belly button but went away quickly so i would go back to sleep. But if that wasnt waking me up the baby was ..she has never kicked so hard and for so long! But when i got up the pain had stopped but i had a pretty uncomfortable pressure in the same spot. It hurt to touch and the baby was still going nuts! Ao i called the on call ob and she said if the pain came bk to vall and i would have to go in. But its so spera5ic and craxy idk ehats going on. Im getting nauseous after eating but not vomiting and the nauaea goes away. The pressure is just about gone but every obce in a while (few times an hour) i will have a short burst of sharp pain but its not intense. So idk if i should xall bl. My temp is also bouncing around. One time it will be 99 or a little higher the next its normal. This is my second pregnancy and its been some what normal a few things were going on but those problems seem to have tappered off. So idk whats going on and if i should call again or if rthe baby is fine. Alls i can say is it is not round ligament or braxton hicks. But im starting to get dizzy again and a little breathless a little shaky too. Oh and its not constipation. (I went a few times yesterday ) any advice?? Or ideas?

BikeRunSki Sat 16-Aug-14 19:23:34

Ring Ob or MW or whoever you need to ring out of hours. That ceryainly doesn't sound right. Failing that, go to A&E/Emergency Room (reference to Ob sugguests you're not in UK).

Jackierose329 Sat 16-Aug-14 19:25:38

I just dont want to make a big deal if its nothing. You are correct i live in the US

Sleepyhoglet Sat 16-Aug-14 19:26:54

Could it be a stomach bug? Of it continues I think you should be seen.

DayLillie Sat 16-Aug-14 19:27:24

Yes - you are having more pains, even if not so intense, so call back.

Jackierose329 Sat 16-Aug-14 19:28:29

You are probably right. This dizziness is realllly starting to bug me! Lol i will call. If its nothing then great and if not i will be glad i called. Just hard to pull the hubby out of work for the car and i have no sitter for my 2 year old.

Mumof3xox Sat 16-Aug-14 19:29:05

I would get checked out

BikeRunSki Sat 16-Aug-14 19:55:18

You'll regret not making a big deal if it is something though.

Jackierose329 Sat 16-Aug-14 20:09:58

I just called and was told i needed to come in. Leaving in just a minute

Mumof3xox Sat 16-Aug-14 20:35:17

Good luck op

Jackierose329 Mon 18-Aug-14 00:33:53

Well they didnt tell me what was wrong but they told me what it wasnt. It was not my appendix or any infections smile and the gaby is fine smile they want to give me medication for the dizziness..they think i have vertigo. I am so excited to finallllllly have a diagnosis after 7 years of dizziness! Lol thanks everyone smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now