Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

c section monday omg

(11 Posts)
frankiebuns Sat 16-Aug-14 18:00:01

Im having a c section monday but i dnt know if im moee scared or delighted. My ds was born by emcs and i would of done anythung to stop the pain but this time im petrified as im not in pain at all im a needle phobe my poor dh is trying his best ive even cut my nails short so i dng draw blood. Im certain something is going to go wrong my placenta is at the front and huge. And dd is breech please sumone reassure me its going to be a good day!

Writerwannabe83 Sat 16-Aug-14 21:20:04

The day of my section was very surreal. I was so, so excited on the ward, couldn't stop smiling etc - I felt like a kid looking forward to Christmas!!

The fear started when I got taken into the operating theatre though!! I didn't cry but I felt like I wanted to. In the end I just zoned out and tried to pretend it was happening to somebody else.

The good thing is that the spinal was nowhere near as painful or as scary as I had thought it would be. Once that was done and I knew the hard bit was over I just started feeling excited again!!!!

LBNM19 Sat 16-Aug-14 21:24:10

Good luck, I'm booked in for a section on the 15/10 October and terrified about it xx I'm sure all will be fine they are very experienced and do them all the time. Talk about your concerns to doctor before to settle your mind x

frankiebuns Sun 17-Aug-14 08:32:43

Thankyou. They intially said that dh couldnt be with me whilst spinal went in and tbh i freaked then chief mw said yes as there was no way i was having it if he couldnt be there. I remembrr last time the needle scraping against the bone and it only really being one sided and the feeling n noise made me very sick. Im more excited now tbh but i think that will be gone at 8am tomoz

I haven't got any experience but I just wanted to say good luck smile everyone I know that has had a planned c section have all said it wasn't as bad as they expected it to be so I hope the same goes for you

frankiebuns Mon 18-Aug-14 07:17:48

Thankyou everyone d day has arrived im in the car sat in supermarket carpark as dh decided to stock up on essentials. Im tired but excited. Just hope its not too long a wait when we get there

Cyclebump Mon 18-Aug-14 07:24:42

Good to know Frankie, am worried I'll freak out about the spinal (mine is tomorrow) and they've said DH can't be there. If I get all upset, hopefully they'll let him in.

Good luck today xx

frankiebuns Mon 18-Aug-14 07:31:27

Thankyou everyone d day has arrived im in the car sat in supermarket carpark as dh decided to stock up on essentials. Im tired but excited. Just hope its not too long a wait when we get there

melmo26 Mon 18-Aug-14 08:02:47

Good luck today smile

Enjoy your newborn cuddles very soon

DeadCert Mon 18-Aug-14 08:31:41

I'm 3 weeks post ELCS! I bloody loved it! It was a calm, happy experience that totally put to bed a lot of stuff from DS's birth. Midwives were just hanging around placing bets on the sex of the baby, the anaesthetist was telling us about his holiday, we had our music on. It was excellent.

Worse bit is the spinal, doesn't hurt but I found it a bit scary and uncomfortable. I've got a weird spine though - don't be scared, you're meeting your baby today!

DearDinah Mon 18-Aug-14 09:47:57

Good luck! Mines in two weeks, be really interested in hearing about yours! Enjoy meeting your brand new baby smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now