Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Has anyone had a nt scan at at marys paddington?

(14 Posts)
icclemunchy Fri 15-Aug-14 23:40:33

If so can I ask how you got your results? I completely forgot to ask. My scan was last wed and I got a letter today giving me an appointment for next Tuesday. I can't sleep for worry ATM sad

icclemunchy Sat 16-Aug-14 14:56:32

Anyone?

squizita Sat 16-Aug-14 16:08:08

They explain what they see on the scan the same day.

The bloods - they will phone you if there's a problem. Otherwise you get a letter in 1-2 weeks.
Ours came back low risk. Letter took 10 days or so to arrive.

allisgood1 Sat 16-Aug-14 16:10:09

Did the letter specify that the appointment is to do with the results?

icclemunchy Sat 16-Aug-14 16:16:55

No just that it's for the midwife. But as far as I know I've no reason to see the midwife. I'm consultant let due to diabetes and saw everyone (midwife included) last week

allisgood1 Sat 16-Aug-14 16:43:19

I wouldn't assume the letter is anything to do with your results. It's likely either a blip on their side or because you're high risk. If it was to do with your NT results you would get a phone call.

squizita Sat 16-Aug-14 17:12:52

Oh yes the letter for results literally tells you the results + a phone number.

I am consultant led at st Marys and have found sometimes they send appointment letters randomly rather than the usual filling in your card. So its more likely,if just an appointment, to be just an appointment.

icclemunchy Sat 16-Aug-14 23:23:14

Thanks guys. I'm going to try and ring on Monday and see if It's an appointment I actually need to go to as there was ok mention last week and they've booked my next appointments already.

Although they tried to book me 5 booking in appointments 3 on the same day so I'm being slightly daft worrying lol

JennyBlueWren Sun 17-Aug-14 09:27:32

5 booking in appointments 3 on the same day Sounds like they have a computer glitch.

TeenageMutantNinjaTurtle Sun 17-Aug-14 09:30:50

I was consultant led for my first dc but also had all of the midwife appts. So could the letter be for your 16 wk midwife appt?!

icclemunchy Sun 17-Aug-14 12:43:03

I'll only be 14+4 so unlikely. Plus I already have consultant and wife appointments for around 16 weeks.

I've stopped panicking now grin think it's more likely a glitch

squizita Sun 17-Aug-14 12:45:57

They have a new computer system and I've had some odd letters! I rang up and it was a glitch (basically 2 appts same day almost same time - was the same appt!).

icclemunchy Mon 18-Aug-14 10:44:34

Panic for nothing. Letter was indeed an error it was for a GTT (which since I'm already diabetic I don't need lol)

And my nt results came in the post this morning grin

allisgood1 Mon 18-Aug-14 10:52:59

Fab smile enjoy your pregnancy!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now