Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

another oh b*llocks am i/aren't i pregnant thread

(9 Posts)
aitchbee Thu 14-Aug-14 14:07:18

hello!
hope someone could shed a bit of light who might be having/have had similar experiences to me.
Currently around 5 months since i've had a "proper" period, usually dead on time and fairly simple. Negative test results, but something just doesn't seem right? can't tell if im being daft or overly cautious-
I have M.E. so am on a fair amount of meds, and I am usually having symptoms like nausea/headaches/dizzyness. But for the last few weeks I've been having them more intensely, and such bad cramps, and the sickness just doesn't feel like normal, a lot more acid reflux and indigestion than I'm used to. Belly is the same size as normal, but im pretty chubs so it's hard to tell! grin
Also (tmi) had ammonia smelling discharge, and a lot more discharge than normal. Also wriggly feeling in belly but that could be anxiety/farts.
Doctor today has just asked to bring my urine sample in but didn't even have a prod around or a listen to my belly! If I was pregnant I think it'd be around 20 weeks, and it's not ideal timing. Kind of in a tough situation at the minute with my M.E. and depression and living at my parents house- so I'm really anxious. Sorry to waffle but it feels nice to get it all down! thanks xxx

CoolCat2014 Thu 14-Aug-14 16:54:25

I've no similar experience, but didn't want to not respond!

I'd suggest maybe trying to see a different GP and explain everything. I think the hormone levels for preg test drop off at a certain point, but I might be wrong!

aitchbee Thu 14-Aug-14 18:22:25

thanks for answering, i'll definitely try that or maybe go to a family planning clinic where i can just walk in and see someone smile

aitchbee Fri 15-Aug-14 19:45:19

just trying to bump this in the hope anyone else has any advice.
took a pregnancy test this morning which didn't work at all, am going to book a blood test in with a nurse.
Wondering about ovarian cysts as well, hopefully I can go for a scan soon to see either way.

but the whole thing is just making me so anxious sad sad sad never been pregnant before so I have nothing to compare to.

MrsCK Fri 15-Aug-14 20:39:40

How confusing for you. Keep pushing the gp because either way you need to know!!!

So, have you actually had a pregnancy test result? confused
What do you mean: the test didn't work at all?

aitchbee Fri 15-Aug-14 21:04:16

the test line didn't appear- so nothing came up whatsoever
im going to do another first wee tomorrow morning

Ah, I see.
Yes, go back to your dr's and get some bloods done.

aitchbee Wed 27-Aug-14 18:57:15

hello just an update-

been really unwell, lots of nausea, dizzyness, and really bad allergic reactions which I never ever get. Had to go to the out of hours GP at the hospital one night as I felt so dreadful.

More negative urine tests!

Had lots of cramping and have just spotted/bled a little bit today?? It's lasted all of a couple of hours.

think it possibly could be PCOS, got to try and push my GP a bit more to check for a scan to see if it is PCOS- still the possibility in the back of my mind I'm going to have a baby in the loo and get on the cover of take a break magazine.

Thanks to people who commented and reassured me smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now