Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Birth certificate

(10 Posts)
Alita7 Thu 14-Aug-14 01:29:55

Anyone whose registered a baby before, what happens regarding occupation? I'm a student nurse and I want that on the bc rather than unemployed if that makes sense? Can I choose what is put or do they somehow decide for you?

ShadowStar Thu 14-Aug-14 01:31:46

As I recall, the registrar asks what your occupation is, and then puts down what you've told her.

I certainly didn't have to provide proof of the occupation I'd stated.

ColdCottage Thu 14-Aug-14 06:21:48

Yes, you just tell them. You could say bull fighter if you wanted to.

Congratulations smile

TestingTestingWonTooFree Thu 14-Aug-14 07:46:51

Why would they put unemployed if you're a student?

Alita7 Thu 14-Aug-14 09:56:36

Thank you!
I was just worried as technically I'm not employed.
Good to know they'll just put what I say smile

squizita Thu 14-Aug-14 10:13:08

They can put down trainee or student if you want, too. Student nurse would be fine!

MrsGiraffe12 Thu 14-Aug-14 10:15:23

I was a student when I had my eldest, and they put student on there :-)

Sinkingfeeling Thu 14-Aug-14 10:16:05

I'm a Registrar and 'unemployed' is never recorded in the occupation space. 'Student Nurse' is fine.

SweetPea3 Thu 14-Aug-14 15:57:41

I was a housewife at the time, but they said I could put down my previous occupation if I preferred.... so it's not strict.

PenguinsHatchedAnEgg Thu 14-Aug-14 20:22:28

They write what you tell them. I gave my profession this time even though I have been a SAHM for a couple of years. They don't check. You could say brain surgeon or astronaut if the registrar didn't guess you were fibbing.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now