Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Itchy

(7 Posts)
Noappointmentnecessary Wed 13-Aug-14 17:34:25

Hi I'm itchy down below - anybody got any cures. It's horrible x

EdithWeston Wed 13-Aug-14 17:40:53

Do you mean on the underside of your bump, generally on the lower half of your body, or round your vulva and/or anus?

fairgame Wed 13-Aug-14 17:53:09

If your itchy generally then get seen asap, i had obstectric choleastasis and its horrendous and dangerous to baby.

However if your itchy around your vulva then you may have thrush.

Noappointmentnecessary Wed 13-Aug-14 17:55:45

It's on the sides and vulva. I haven't had any discharge so def don't think it's thrush. I'm seeing the midwife tommorow so def going to mention it x

NovemberRainbow Wed 13-Aug-14 18:07:32

Have you been wearing anything restrictive? Any tights or any tight fitting clothes. You could also try switch to cotton only underwear, I find this helps me a lot.

Noappointmentnecessary Wed 13-Aug-14 18:15:36

No, loose dresses. Always buy cotton knickers. It came on a few days ago. Itchy! Lol

EdithWeston Wed 13-Aug-14 18:30:00

How hot has it been where you are?

Extra sweatiness can cause an itch, as can heat leading to dehydration (which affects all membranes).

(My iPad just tried to change to sweatiness to sweariness, and I didn't think I'd been on MN much recently!)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now