Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

I could kiss my midwife...

(3 Posts)
Redling Wed 13-Aug-14 16:20:57

I've had a bit of a time with midwives as I've basically had a lot of stand ins, I'm not sure what was going on with my actual midwife but she was rarely able to actually attend her surgery day. Anyway, she is now gone and I've been assigned a new one who will be doing my aftercare etc so that's all good. 40 week appointment today though I'm 40 weeks on Friday, and she said she couldn't give me a sweep as they don't do them before actual due date here, BUT (and this is when I could have hugged/kissed her) she will come to my house on Saturday and do it so I can have one as soon as possible! I know they are not always successful, but as she said just to know how the cervix is will be so helpful and make me know what kind of wait I'm looking at! I can't tell you how much happier this has made me. God Bless this new midwife! I thought I'd have to wait until she was back at the GP surgery next week!

Heatherbell1978 Wed 13-Aug-14 16:54:25

Hi Redling, I'm due same day as you and had mw appt today. She examined me but not ready for a sweep yet apparently.....sigh.....so I guess that'll be why it's not worth doing before DD. Back in in Tuesday for next one. Was useful to know where things are though. She said I won't go into labour this week anyway!

Redling Wed 13-Aug-14 17:01:26

I know, I just want to know what the deal is with my cervix smile I've not had any kind of internal at all this entire pregnancy, so I think it will help me to know whether or not I'm geared up to go! I had really hoped to not still be pregnant on my due date, but this has calmed me a bit and now I can relax a bit knowing there is something to do on Saturday! He is shifting about in my pelvis quite painfully today though, so who knows, he might come before then!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now